I’ve never deep-fried anything at home before…until now. Deep-frying looked and sounded intimidating, and I had (wrongfully) assumed that you would need a lot of additional equipment to achieve any deep-frying at home.
When we first discovered OREO Chocolate Candy Bars, we immediately wanted to use them in a recipe that was easy and innovative and that you could proudly serve.
This recipe only requires 3 ingredients, and you can make a small batch in just a few minutes. Once cooked, they crack open to a melted, gooey, deliciously chocolate filling that can be served alone, alongside some OREO ice cream, or perhaps do what we did, and drizzle in icing and top with crushed OREO cookies.
Bite into these, and you’ll be taken on a decadent journey with all your favorite OREO flavors you know and love.
- Egg Roll Wrappers (aka won ton wrappers)
- 6 OREO Chocolate Candy Bars
- Canola Oil
- Icing Sugar Drizzle (Icing sugar + water) for garnish
- Crushed Oreos for garnish
- Paint Brush
- Large Stovetop Pot
- Putting the egg roll wrapper in a triangle position, and brush the edges with a bit of water to help seal.
- Next, place the OREO Chocolate Candy Bar at the bottom quarter and begin rolling upwards, folding and tucking in the edges to be sealed.
- In a large stovetop pot, pour enough canola oil to fill the bottom half inch of the pot. Heat to a medium high heat (about 350 degrees). If you don't have an oil thermometer (like us) just take a grain of rice and drop it into your hot oil. If the rice comes back to the top and starts cooking, your oil is ready for cooking.
- Place your wonton-wrapped OREO Chocolate Candy Bars into the hot oil, and watch as they begin to cook, bubbling to a golden brown. Using tongs, turn over and continue to brown on the other side. Holding with tongs, fry the edges by holding in place. This process only takes a few minutes to fully cook.
- Once finished cooking, remove from the oil with tongs, and place onto a paper-towel lined plate to absorb any extra oil.
- Drizzle with icing and crushed OREOS and serve immediately! Or maybe even with OREO ice cream? Either way, enjoy!
There are many foods you have to limit or give up when you’re on the ketogenic diet in order to stay within your daily carb...
Loving your life on the Keto diet, but desperately missing the sweet life?
Hummus has forever been a protein-rich dip for your veggies and chips, a spread on your greek wraps and much more.
The Fourth of July is just around the corner and that means you're probably starting to plan your menu!
Canada Day is right around the corner and that means you're probably starting to plan your menu!
We love a good copycat recipe here at Forkly and this Wendy's chocolate frosty is no exception!
The season of fall is a favorite for many because it means crisp air, cozy layered clothing, and of course comforting meals.
When planning a Disney vacation it's important to plan a well thought out itinerary.
Spooky season is here and it's time go all out for this fun holiday.
Apple picking season is upon us so be sure to make the best of this fun fall activity.
The holidays are a busy time of year, between hosting guests, planning a dinner, and catering to everyone's needs it can get...
Every year families gather around the table, give thanks, and enjoy delicious food on the Thanksgiving holiday.