We are HUGE fans of the no-bake energy bites here at Forkly. We understand the need and importance of a few factors when it comes to homemade goods for those with a busier lifestyle. Anything within the realm of QUICK, EASY and HEALTHY, is exactly what we love to aim for.
So yes, we’ve made a few of these little energy balls from inspired by some of our favorite not-so-healthy desserts such as Cake Batter, Pecan Pie and Carrot Cake.
When we made these, we knew they would be delicious with the ingredients we were making them from, but we did not anticipate just how FUDGY they would be. Let alone a near exact taste of brownie batter.
We made these with no added sugar, and all healthy, natural ingredients. So it’s an indulgence you can actually feel good about!
Packed with proteins and completely dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan.
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened black cocoa powder (can substitute for regular cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (divided in half)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond milk (can substitute for water)
- Food Processor
- Cookie dough scoop or tbsp
- Add all of your ingredients into a food processor (except for one half of your flaked coconut, save for rolling!).
- Combine at a med-high speed for 2+ minutes, or until the mixture begins to bind and ball.
- Using a cookie dough scoop or tbsp measuring cup, scoop the mixture and hand roll into ball form and then immediately begin rolling in the flaked coconut.
- Chill and store in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy. Will last 2-3 weeks in the fridge.
Those who suffer from diverticulitis understand the utter pain and annoyance it can bring.
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.