Energy balls are a great way to stay healthy and obviously – energized, while on the go! Easily made without baking you can make these in large batches, store to enjoy over time. They’re incredibly simple to make, and with the use of protein from a seed-butter as opposed to a nut-butter, it’s also safe for school lunches. Health food should never really be boring though, so of course – sprinkles and the flavor of cake batter always helps 😉
- 2 cups gluten-free brown rice krispies
- 1 cup of oat flour (or make your own by putting rolled oats in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup raw honey (substitute for agave to make it vegan)
- 6 tbsp sunflower seed butter (we used Sunbutter)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Combine all the dry ingredients and gently mix.
- Separately, mix together your seed butter, vanilla and honey (be sure to warm it up quickly in the microwave if it's not already in a pouring liquid state).
- Pour the wet mixture, over the dry mixture and add in your sprinkles. Combine well.
- Using about approximately a tablespoon of the mixture at a time, roll your mixture into a ball, then into a bowl of sprinkles to coat. **you will simplify this step by spraying your hands with non-stick cooking spray before rolling**
- Continue rolling, and coating in sprinkles until you've used all the mixture. Then, enjoy!
Avocados are one of the most versatile and simple foods you can have in your kitchen.
Coconut oil is an incredible natural oil to be keeping in your kitchen.
The word "fat" tends to scare a lot of people in North America. The reality is, not all fat is bad for you - in fact, it's very...
Cauliflower is definitely living in its 15 minutes of fame. Becoming more and more popular in restaurants and in home recipes,...
Avocados are getting a lot of airtime on television and on social media.
There's just something about the refreshing taste of a pickle. Often served as an appetizer or a lunch side, they're most likely...
We all know that eating healthy foods helps you achieve a strong body, right?
When preparing meals for our children, we always try to ensure their meals are packed with as many good things as possible.
Cooking vegetables can be as simple or as complicated as you make it but at the end of the day, you want a delicious dish with the...
We've been cooking up recipes for a while now, and if there's one thing that we come back to time and time again, in everyday life...
A new year, a new you! We hear that phrase all the time as we are all getting ready for the new year ahead.
Quick and easy dinners are often a goal for so many, but that doesn't always mean it's healthy, too.