Energy balls are a great way to stay healthy and obviously – energized, while on the go! Easily made without baking you can make these in large batches, store to enjoy over time. They’re incredibly simple to make, and with the use of protein from a seed-butter as opposed to a nut-butter, it’s also safe for school lunches. Health food should never really be boring though, so of course – sprinkles and the flavor of cake batter always helps 😉
- 2 cups gluten-free brown rice krispies
- 1 cup of oat flour (or make your own by putting rolled oats in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup raw honey (substitute for agave to make it vegan)
- 6 tbsp sunflower seed butter (we used Sunbutter)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Combine all the dry ingredients and gently mix.
- Separately, mix together your seed butter, vanilla and honey (be sure to warm it up quickly in the microwave if it's not already in a pouring liquid state).
- Pour the wet mixture, over the dry mixture and add in your sprinkles. Combine well.
- Using about approximately a tablespoon of the mixture at a time, roll your mixture into a ball, then into a bowl of sprinkles to coat. **you will simplify this step by spraying your hands with non-stick cooking spray before rolling**
- Continue rolling, and coating in sprinkles until you've used all the mixture. Then, enjoy!