When I was a kid, fudge was something that so rich and decadent it came around maybe once a year. I remember going to the candy shop and selecting a slice of my choice, that would be nibbled on for the week to follow. That stuff was like gold. But…as most “treats” are, full of sugar, fats, and carbs our bodies didn’t need.
In the era of “treat yo’ self” it’s a balance to find the limits when as a grown adult, I can get fudge whenever I want to! I can have it for breakfast. My body, my choice. As I’ve learned, those choices can add up, and your body will get angry. However, there’s always a healthier option.
Making this fudge, I was a little skeptical. The fact that it’s dairy free, refined sugar free – I wasn’t sure it was going to work.
Well, happy to report back that it did. It was well enjoyed after sharing with friends (who agreed, it’s delicious) and storing it in my freezer for days to come.
It’s softer than classic fudge, but I’m not complaining…it was too delicious!
Hope you try this “healthy” fudge and get your Fall treat fix!
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (we used canned)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Cashew Butter
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (the real stuff!)
- 1.5 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 8x8 square baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Medium saucepan
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper, for easy lifting and set aside.
- Over a medium high heat, combine your pumpkin puree, coconut oil, cashew butter, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and salt into your saucepan. Mix well, and whisk continuously until everything is well combined (you will see some fat separation, and that's ok).
- Pour out the mixture into your lined square baking pan, and chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until it sets.
- Slice and enjoy! Can be stored in the fridge or freezer afterwards.
Those who suffer from diverticulitis understand the utter pain and annoyance it can bring.
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.