Who doesn’t love a rich, chocolatey, gooey brownie?! They’re delicious and comforting and great with a bowl of vegan ice cream. I’ll admit my weakness has always been home-baked desserts, but in recent years (as I find my metabolism is a little too honest) finding ways to turn my favorites into healthy versions of their old selves have become a challenge I just can’t let go of.
These chewy, gooey brownies are refined sugar-free (win!), gluten-free, AND vegan! But you won’t even notice what it doesn’t have in it when you taste how delicious these few simple, clean ingredients are.
Plus, they’re packed with protein to keep you moving all (Valentines) day long.
So whip up a batch of these babies for you and your honey, whether you’ll be enjoying them on the couch with some Netflix or as a quick treat to fuel your Valentines workout!
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp cacao nibs or powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup vegan chocolate protein powder
- 3/4 cup vegan raspberry jam or preserves
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup vegan dark chocolate
- Food Processor
- Square Baking Dish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add dates, coconut oil, maple syrup, cacao, almond flour, and protein powder to the food processor.
- Process until smooth and well combined.
- Add the raspberry jam/preserves, reserving about 3 tablespoons. Process until combined.
- Press the batter evenly (using a hot or greased metal spoon) into a lined or well-greased baking dish. Top with the remaining jam and swirl into the batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. The centre will still be a little bit gooey! Let cool.
- Top brownies with fresh raspberries and drizzle with melted dark chocolate. Let harden in fridge.
- Cut into squares and enjoy right away or store in the fridge for up to a week!
If you're a vegan or follow a plant-based diet you know what it is like to receive comments such as "how do you have the...
When the warm weather rolls around you'll quickly notice all the barbeques that start to fill the air with their enticing aroma.
Canada has spoken...and they LOVE the new Beyond Meat burger at A&W.
So disclaimer: I'll pretty much try anything that's new and plant-based at Starbucks.
When I made the decision to adopt a plant-based diet I had many comments from friends saying things such as "I wish I could but...
A couple months ago many Vegan Americans sat in envy while Canadians had the release of the Beyond Meat burger at the fast food...
As much as I love summer weather, what really makes my heart sing are warm comforting meals!
There are copious amounts of recipes for the Instant Pot that are swimming around the internet these days.
I have to say, the holidays are my favorite time of year. There's something so exciting about all the twinkle lights, decorations...
The holidays are my favorite time of year. Mostly because of the twinkly lights, the sparkly ornaments on a dazzling tree and of...
The holidays are the busiest time of year! There are countless Christmas parties, dinners, family gatherings, and potlucks.
My favorite thing about the holidays is time spent with family, however, my second favorite thing has to be the delicious food!