Energy balls are a great way to stay healthy and obviously – energized, while on the go! Easily made without baking you can make these in large batches, store to enjoy over time. They’re incredibly simple to make, and with the use of protein from a seed-butter as opposed to a nut-butter, it’s also safe for school lunches. Health food should never really be boring though, so of course – sprinkles and the flavor of cake batter always helps 😉
- 2 cups gluten-free brown rice krispies
- 1 cup of oat flour (or make your own by putting rolled oats in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup raw honey (substitute for agave to make it vegan)
- 6 tbsp sunflower seed butter (we used Sunbutter)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Combine all the dry ingredients and gently mix.
- Separately, mix together your seed butter, vanilla and honey (be sure to warm it up quickly in the microwave if it's not already in a pouring liquid state).
- Pour the wet mixture, over the dry mixture and add in your sprinkles. Combine well.
- Using about approximately a tablespoon of the mixture at a time, roll your mixture into a ball, then into a bowl of sprinkles to coat. **you will simplify this step by spraying your hands with non-stick cooking spray before rolling**
- Continue rolling, and coating in sprinkles until you've used all the mixture. Then, enjoy!
Buying fresh produce can feel expensive especially if you're purchasing fruits or vegetables in their offseasons.
Do you load your short stack up with butter and syrup? Or do you prefer your flapjacks with jam and whipped cream?
While I don't love all vegetables, I am definitely up for trying new things (at least once).
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
While experimenting with the Instant Pot I quickly discovered that it can not only cook a quick and easy weeknight meal but it can...
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...