Energy balls are a great way to stay healthy and obviously – energized, while on the go! Easily made without baking you can make these in large batches, store to enjoy over time. They’re incredibly simple to make, and with the use of protein from a seed-butter as opposed to a nut-butter, it’s also safe for school lunches. Health food should never really be boring though, so of course – sprinkles and the flavor of cake batter always helps 😉
- 2 cups gluten-free brown rice krispies
- 1 cup of oat flour (or make your own by putting rolled oats in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup raw honey (substitute for agave to make it vegan)
- 6 tbsp sunflower seed butter (we used Sunbutter)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Combine all the dry ingredients and gently mix.
- Separately, mix together your seed butter, vanilla and honey (be sure to warm it up quickly in the microwave if it's not already in a pouring liquid state).
- Pour the wet mixture, over the dry mixture and add in your sprinkles. Combine well.
- Using about approximately a tablespoon of the mixture at a time, roll your mixture into a ball, then into a bowl of sprinkles to coat. **you will simplify this step by spraying your hands with non-stick cooking spray before rolling**
- Continue rolling, and coating in sprinkles until you've used all the mixture. Then, enjoy!
For those who have to deal with an anxiety disorder, they often have the constant feeling of uneasiness, worry and fear.
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Poached eggs are a delicious addition to your breakfast and a great way to add protein without all the extra oil of a fried egg.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!
We've all heard it before "be sure to get a good night sleep". But do you know how important that statement really is?
Granola bars are perfect for so many moments: breakfast time; an at-work or school-safe snack; a picnic, playground, or...
Rice is a staple in most people’s homes, including mine! It’s filling and the perfect complement to so many dishes, from meat...
Here's the thing, we tend to put a lot of emphasis on what we shouldn't be eating but it's time the foods we really should be...
Being comfortable in your body is essential to living a happy life.