Energy balls are a great way to stay healthy and obviously – energized, while on the go! Easily made without baking you can make these in large batches, store to enjoy over time. They’re incredibly simple to make, and with the use of protein from a seed-butter as opposed to a nut-butter, it’s also safe for school lunches. Health food should never really be boring though, so of course – sprinkles and the flavor of cake batter always helps 😉
- 2 cups gluten-free brown rice krispies
- 1 cup of oat flour (or make your own by putting rolled oats in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup raw honey (substitute for agave to make it vegan)
- 6 tbsp sunflower seed butter (we used Sunbutter)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Combine all the dry ingredients and gently mix.
- Separately, mix together your seed butter, vanilla and honey (be sure to warm it up quickly in the microwave if it's not already in a pouring liquid state).
- Pour the wet mixture, over the dry mixture and add in your sprinkles. Combine well.
- Using about approximately a tablespoon of the mixture at a time, roll your mixture into a ball, then into a bowl of sprinkles to coat. **you will simplify this step by spraying your hands with non-stick cooking spray before rolling**
- Continue rolling, and coating in sprinkles until you've used all the mixture. Then, enjoy!
We hear about making sure we all eat enough healthy fats all the time, whether it's on the internet, in the news or from friends.
We've been cooking up recipes for a while now, and if there's one thing that we come back to time and time again, in everyday life...
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it can also become the most uninspiring meal when you have limited time to...
Quick and easy dinners are often a goal for so many, but that doesn't always mean it's healthy, too.
The Whole30 Diet has been raved about for several years now, beginning in 2009 and creating a large bandwagon following.
We know that you probably wouldn't give up your morning coffee—regardless of the health risks.
It can be particularly hard to eat well at work. We spend the mornings making healthy lunches for our family, and yet we forget to...
Pasta is one of our guilty pleasures that often do not have great health benefits.
Losing weight can be so difficult! Many people believe they just need to work out more, but the truth is that your body gets out...
Cooking with foods to make them more flavorful seems like a delicious way to make your supper tonight.
There's nothing quite like a bowl of chili on a cold, dreary day. It warms you up from the inside out and you can batch cook it,...
When it comes to sticking to your diet, your macros or your calorie intake goals, there's one common thing that many people...