While it may be a pure shock to some, it IS possible to have an abundance of miniature sized candy bars just taking up space in your cupboards after Halloween has come and gone. Whip up this easy blondie based pie that kids and adults alike will enjoy. Plus there won’t be any more tempting chocolate bars in your cupboards, if you use them all 😉
- 1 store-bought pie crust, thawed
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped assorted candy bars
- + additional candy bars for top of pie
- Hand mixer
- Pie plate
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out pie crust dough in a 9" pie pan, and press to fit. Crimp the edges of the crust with your fingers.
- Cream together brown sugar and butter. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add baking powder, salt and flour and mix.
- Stir in chopped candy bars, and mix by hand with a spatula.
- Spread mixture into the pie crust, and top with more candy for decoration.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the crust is browned and the top of the pie is golden. Cool completely before cutting.
Not everyone can be a Pinterest-level chef when it comes to celebrations and holidays. But we can try!
Halloween candy steals the spotlight on this spooky holiday but there are an abundance of other fun treats you can enjoy too!
Spooky season is here and it's time go all out for this fun holiday.
Halloween is all about the treats, because let’s face it, without them you’re just dressing up in weird clothing and creepily...
Halloween, a time to delight in all things gross, creepy, scary and spooky - and then lace that with a gallon of sugar.
The most wonderful thing about children is the pure excitement for just about everything!
Halloween is almost here! People are putting the final touches on their kids costumes and prepping food for their Halloween...
Halloween is a great time to go all out with decorations, costumes, and of course food!
It's getting chilly and the leaves are turning colors. That can only mean one thing- Halloween is coming!
Halloween is a great time for children. They get to dress up as superheros, fairy princess, or what ever they like.
We love Halloween but it can be a very unhealthy time of year. It seems that everything is covered in chocolate and sprinkles and...
It's a spooky time of year but with some sweet treats. Halloween parties are a great way for parents and adults to get in the...