There are so many ways to enjoy overnight oats, once you get started on them, you’ll never want to stop. Finding ways to fall in love with your breakfasts day after day is a great motivator on your track to healthy living. Often the most difficult part of a clean diet, is giving up the sweets you know and love. Yes, that means pie. However, with an overnight oat recipe that gives you that sweet nutty flavor of a pecan pie you love, you’ll forget all about the fact that this recipe is actually good for you because it tastes so good, it feels bad.
- 4 tsp chopped pecans
- 6 additional whole pecan pieces, for garnish
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk (for "pie" sauce layer)
- 1 cup oats (we used steel cut, you can use gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats as well)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (for "oatmeal" layer)
- Microwave safe bowl
- 2 mason jars
- Mixing bowl
- In a stovetop element set to a medium heat, toast the whole and chopped pecans in a dry pan, stirring frequently until you begin to smell a toasty aroma. Usually this will take about 3 minutes or less. Set them aside.
- In your microwave-safe bowl, combine coconut sugar, maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of almond milk.
- Microwave the mixture for about 40-50 seconds or until the coconut sugar is melted. ** be warned, do not overcook or it will turn to a hard caramel. It should still be a thick liquid.
- Combine the sauce mixture with your chopped pecans (leaving the whole ones aside for garnish), and divide between two mason jars.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your oatmeal and cinnamon, adding the cup of almond milk and stirring to combine.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into the two mason jars, then garnish with the whole pecans, and any additional sauce to drizzle.
- Lid your jars, and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy the next day!
Black Friday is quickly approaching! Along with Thanksgiving prep, many of us are eagerly scouting the flyers and websites for the...
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!
We've all heard it before "be sure to get a good night sleep". But do you know how important that statement really is?
Granola bars are perfect for so many moments: breakfast time; an at-work or school-safe snack; a picnic, playground, or...
Granola is delicious breakfast food, whether it's with yogurt, milk (or non-dairy milk!), or on its own.
Here's the thing, we tend to put a lot of emphasis on what we shouldn't be eating but it's time the foods we really should be...