We tried out this “ice cream bread” thing not only once, but twice! We first made a light and nutty butter pecan ice cream bread, but were dying to try a more coloful and exciting way to enjoy one of our all time favorite ice cream flavors – CAKE BATTER!
With only two ingredients + sprinkles, you can take some melted ice cream, and turn it right into bread.
Seriously! It works!
- 1.5L (or 1.5 quart) Tub of Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- 3 cups Self-rising Flour
- Blue Food Dye
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Bundt Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- If your ice cream isn't already a little melty, let it sit out at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour out your melty ice cream, and add one cup of self-rising flour at a time until it's well blended as a cake batter. Add blue food coloring and extra sprinkles here if you'd like. Set aside.
- Spray your bundt pan with a non-stick cooking spray, and add sprinkles to the bottom (which will be the "top" of your bread when finished).
- Pour batter evenly into the bundt pan, and spread to make it even.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool completely before turning the bundt pan upside-down and gently allowing the bread to come out. Slice and serve, however you please!