YES, AVOCADOS! Don’t you dare make a face, it’s freaking delicious. Trust. Just trust. Avocados are so mild in flavor and made of all those good fats your body needs, and this recipe calls for a whole one (but trust me, you won’t really taste it, it just beautifully enhances this cheesecake and gives it a pop of color, too!). This recipe tastes like key lime pie and plain cheesecake had a baby. One kick-ass super baby. It’s an incredibly refreshing dessert, and stores easily in the freezer to keep enjoying for weeks to come (if you have that kind of self control). Also, it’s no-bake. So like, you’re welcome.
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted & diced
- 300 gr cream cheese
- 350 ml whipping cream
- 30 ml water
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 packet of gelatin powder
- 2 cups ground graham crackers
- 100 gr melted butter (unsalted)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Small saucepan
- Food processor
- Spring-form pan
- Combine the ground graham crackers with the melted butter and press the mixture down into the bottom of your springform pan. Set aside in freezer to chill and set.
- Combine 150ml of whipping cream (reserve the rest of the cream for the next step!) with the gelatin in a small saucepan until gelatin is dissolved. Next, turn on the heat to a medium on your stovetop, and bring mixture to a boil and continue to stir until the gelatin has melted. Set aside, and let cool.
- In a food processor or blender, spoon out your avocado and blend until creamed. Next add the cream cheese, blend again. Remove from food processor/blender and into a bowl. Add the lime juice, lime zest, rest of the whipping cream, and sugar, mixing together until creamy smooth. Next, add the cooled down gelatin/whipped cream mixture and continue to mix until completely combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into your prepared graham cracker crust pan, and smooth out the top. Garnish with lime wheels and additional zest.
- Chill in the freezer for an hour to set it, then transfer to the fridge for serving temperature.
Recipe inspired by Chef Shiella