Years back my Mom taught me the life hack of using store bought pre-made pizza dough for cinnamon rolls. It forever became the way I made them. Then it hit me the other night, in the middle of the night…that I could use the exact same pizza dough method I used for cinnamon rolls, for ACTUAL PIZZA roll-ups. As mom of 3, I’m constantly facing the struggle of easy-to-make dinners (that make epic next day school lunches) that the kids will actually eat. The fact these take about 5 minutes of prep, and then the rest of the work is just baking them in the oven? Well, that’s even faster than calling a pizza delivery….and MUCH less expensive. Kids will love the pull-apart finger food factor of these, and this recipe also doubles as a great party appetizer option for your next get-together. Only 4 ingredients and one pan. Easy as (pizza) pie.
- Pre-made Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- 1/4 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- Mini Pepperoni (or meat/veggie of choice!)
- Cooking Spray
- Cast Iron Pan (or any oven safe 8 inch round or square dish)
- Rolling Pin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stretch and roll out your pizza dough on a floured surface. Using a spoon, spread out some pizza sauce evenly onto the dough, leaving a 1-inch area at the top bare to keep from the sauce rolling out of the dough. Sprinkle the cheese and pepperoni.
- Next, carefully begin rolling the dough upwards. Slice along the roll-up with a sharp knife into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the rolls face up into a pan (sprayed with cooking spray). Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional cheese and pepperoni, and continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve right from the dish, or remove from the pan onto a serving platter for a fun pull-apart method of serving up this fun dish!
This recipe feeds the whole family with a comforting casserole that takes a spin into the world of pizza.
We all love pizza, but how much do we actually know about it? How long has pizza been around? How much pizza is eaten per second?
When the Instant Pot first arrived into your home, you likely did what most of us did...
A couple years ago I was discussing with a friend what to make for dinner, and he said he was having "french bread pizza".
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
It's right now, and in. your. very. kitchen.
Looking for a warm breakfast that fills the house with the aroma, waking everyone with an appetite for a delicious homemade...
Jambalaya is a famous dish from New Orleans or the Big Easy. It is a rich dish filled with spices and different flavors.
There's nothing quite like a bowl of chili on a cold, dreary day. It warms you up from the inside out and you can batch cook it,...
I hate to admit it, but growing up meatloaf was a dinner I never looked forward to. Mashed meat with sauce slabbed on top.
Is it time to give your grilled cheese a makeover? Grilled cheese is well known to be America's favorite sandwich.
Like the newly popular kitchen gadget, the Instant Pot, the slow cooker still makes the top favorite kitchen gadgets to have.
I'm all about grilling in the summertime! In fact, we make most of our meals on the barbecue when the weather cooperates.