Years back my Mom taught me the life hack of using store bought pre-made pizza dough for cinnamon rolls. It forever became the way I made them. Then it hit me the other night, in the middle of the night…that I could use the exact same pizza dough method I used for cinnamon rolls, for ACTUAL PIZZA roll-ups. As mom of 3, I’m constantly facing the struggle of easy-to-make dinners (that make epic next day school lunches) that the kids will actually eat. The fact these take about 5 minutes of prep, and then the rest of the work is just baking them in the oven? Well, that’s even faster than calling a pizza delivery….and MUCH less expensive. Kids will love the pull-apart finger food factor of these, and this recipe also doubles as a great party appetizer option for your next get-together. Only 4 ingredients and one pan. Easy as (pizza) pie.
- Pre-made Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- 1/4 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- Mini Pepperoni (or meat/veggie of choice!)
- Cooking Spray
- Cast Iron Pan (or any oven safe 8 inch round or square dish)
- Rolling Pin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stretch and roll out your pizza dough on a floured surface. Using a spoon, spread out some pizza sauce evenly onto the dough, leaving a 1-inch area at the top bare to keep from the sauce rolling out of the dough. Sprinkle the cheese and pepperoni.
- Next, carefully begin rolling the dough upwards. Slice along the roll-up with a sharp knife into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the rolls face up into a pan (sprayed with cooking spray). Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional cheese and pepperoni, and continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve right from the dish, or remove from the pan onto a serving platter for a fun pull-apart method of serving up this fun dish!
These baked crispy raviolis are like bite sized pasta casseroles you can serve at a party, or enjoy for dinner.
A couple years ago I was discussing with a friend what to make for dinner, and he said he was having "french bread pizza".
As a mother of 3, making dinners are often made with the intention of leftovers. Why? Well...lunches the next day!
A different spin on a traditional chili, with a creamy buffalo ranch chicken version that will kick up your crock pot dinner a few...
The Super Bowl is that time of year when people gather together to cheer, laugh, cry and dance to the halftime show.
The biggest football game of the year is right around the corner and we have all of the amazing appetizer ideas you need to make...
Super Bowl Sunday is just a few weeks away: Are you ready for the big game?
Are you ready for Super Bowl Sunday? If you're looking for food ideas to impress your guests this year, we have some truly unique...
The Super Bowl 50 countdown is on! The game is set for February 7, 2016, at Levi's Stadium, in Santa Clara, California.
Pretty much the easiest way to make chicken fajitas at home while optimizing on flavor and saving you time, dishes and energy!
Whether it's game day, or just a regular Wednesday night meatloaf dinner, this recipe is GOING to win the mouths you feed.
With the big game all set for Sunday, the latest battle on the field calls for a serious party with momentous snacks on the table!