When the Instant Pot first arrived into your home, you likely did what most of us did…let it sit there and suffer in a state of confusion and fear over trying this new gadget that everyone just swore you needed to own.
It’s life-changing, they said.
It’s the best thing ever, they said.
Yeah, well…show me why.
Want New Instant Pot Recipes and Content Delivered Straight To Your Inbox? Sign up for our Instant Pot Email Newsletter!
Whether you’re a seasoned Instant Pot user or brand new to the game – this recipe is one that’s a must try, especially if you have kids in the house. Pasta nights are usually a go-to for most families. Foolproof, filling, and easy. So, what if we made it just a little bit easier for you? Like, a set it and forget it kind of pasta night? What if you didn’t even have to boil water? What if you just set your Instant Pot on manual high pressure for 5 minutes…and walked away.
These things are all a reality with this pizza-inspired pasta dish. Why pizza? Because it’s the universal flavor of love. That, and kids rarely say no to pizza.
In just 15 minutes, you can have dinner on the table, with saucy pepperoni-induced smiles in no time.
If you’re looking to discover more about your Instant Pot, read more in our article
If you’re seeking more recipes to create with your Instant Pot, check out
OR – Grab an Instant Pot here, starting at $129 for an 8qt: http://amzn.to/2vBkaIC
Alright, onto the recipe!!
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce
- 2 cups Crushed Tomatoes or Pasta Sauce
- 3 1/2 cups Water
- 1 lb Pasta (we used cavatappi/scoobi doo pasta)
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzerella, divided
- 1 lb Pepperoni slices, divided
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Add your pizza sauce, pasta sauce, pasta, water, garlic, salt, pepper & Italian seasoning to the Instant Pot. Give it a stir, and lock the lid on, and set the vent to "seal".
- Set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 5 minutes. It will take a few minutes for the Instant Pot to create pressure before the timer begins, so be patient!
- Once the 5 minute timer is up, do a quick release by putting the seal on the top to "vent" and letting all the steam release.
- Open up the Instant Pot lid, and add in half the cheese, and half the pepperoni. Stir to mix in. Then top the pasta with the rest of the cheese, and pepperoni and return the lid to the Instant Pot.
- Let it sit (not cooking) to allow all the cheese to melt for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, and serve immediately!
When I have a craving for carbs you can bet that I'll be indulging in a delicious bowl of pasta.
There's something about carbs that truly make my heart sing. Pasta dishes comfort the soul and that's part of what makes them so...
You can never go wrong with a delicious rice dish. After all, almost everyone has some type of rice on hand.
There's nothing that screams "tasty appetizer" quite like buffalo chicken sliders.
I crave soup all year round. It's perfect for cold and dreary days and great for when you don't want to think up an extravagant...
When I'm asked what my favorite meal is, I'm always debating between breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
There are only a few scents that give me a feeling of nostalgia. One of those smells is chicken pot pie.
Rice is a staple in most people's homes, including mine! It's filling and the perfect complement to so many dishes, from meat and...
It's a Tuesday afternoon, I've just finished work. I hop in my car and start the half hour drive home to my family.
If you don't have an Instant Pot by now, you're probably sitting there contemplating is it really worth it.
Are you starting your Christmas shopping? Or perhaps you're trying to compose your own wish list.
There are copious amounts of recipes for the Instant Pot that are swimming around the internet these days.