When the Instant Pot first arrived into your home, you likely did what most of us did…let it sit there and suffer in a state of confusion and fear over trying this new gadget that everyone just swore you needed to own.
It’s life-changing, they said.
It’s the best thing ever, they said.
Yeah, well…show me why.
Want New Instant Pot Recipes and Content Delivered Straight To Your Inbox? Sign up for our Instant Pot Email Newsletter!
Whether you’re a seasoned Instant Pot user or brand new to the game – this recipe is one that’s a must try, especially if you have kids in the house. Pasta nights are usually a go-to for most families. Foolproof, filling, and easy. So, what if we made it just a little bit easier for you? Like, a set it and forget it kind of pasta night? What if you didn’t even have to boil water? What if you just set your Instant Pot on manual high pressure for 5 minutes…and walked away.
These things are all a reality with this pizza-inspired pasta dish. Why pizza? Because it’s the universal flavor of love. That, and kids rarely say no to pizza.
In just 15 minutes, you can have dinner on the table, with saucy pepperoni-induced smiles in no time.
If you’re looking to discover more about your Instant Pot, read more in our article
If you’re seeking more recipes to create with your Instant Pot, check out
OR – Grab an Instant Pot here, starting at $129 for an 8qt: http://amzn.to/2vBkaIC
Alright, onto the recipe!!
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce
- 2 cups Crushed Tomatoes or Pasta Sauce
- 3 1/2 cups Water
- 1 lb Pasta (we used cavatappi/scoobi doo pasta)
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzerella, divided
- 1 lb Pepperoni slices, divided
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Add your pizza sauce, pasta sauce, pasta, water, garlic, salt, pepper & Italian seasoning to the Instant Pot. Give it a stir, and lock the lid on, and set the vent to "seal".
- Set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 5 minutes. It will take a few minutes for the Instant Pot to create pressure before the timer begins, so be patient!
- Once the 5 minute timer is up, do a quick release by putting the seal on the top to "vent" and letting all the steam release.
- Open up the Instant Pot lid, and add in half the cheese, and half the pepperoni. Stir to mix in. Then top the pasta with the rest of the cheese, and pepperoni and return the lid to the Instant Pot.
- Let it sit (not cooking) to allow all the cheese to melt for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, and serve immediately!
There are only a few scents that give me a feeling of nostalgia. One of those smells is chicken pot pie.
If you're like me, odds are you've jumped onto the Instant Pot bandwagon!
Ramen is a delicious lunch or dinner in all seasons, but I've especially been craving it with the cold, wet weather we've been...
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
There is perhaps nothing quite as easy to whip up on a busy weeknight as Hamburger Helper.
The Instant Pot has many amazing capabilities. For example, it can cook a meal without heating up the kitchen (perfect for...
Roast beef is one of those meals that's an oldie but a goodie. If you have company coming over for supper - it doesn't matter who...
I love Easter because it's the first holiday that really signifies that spring is here!
Is there anything better than biting into a warm gooey piece of banana bread? I don't think so.
Nothing quite compares to a slow roasted, rotisserie chicken, but really, who has the time for that?!
Freezing leftovers is a great way to ensure food doesn't go to waste. It's also a great way to be prepared for busy weeknights!
Get ready friends, it's time to enjoy some delicious takeout made at home!