A delicious combination of tacos and enchiladas, for the most simplified of Mexican dinners without all the fuss. Using a store-bought rotisserie chicken, simply shred apart (no raw meat to cook!) combined with canned enchilada sauce, in a casserole dish lined with taco shells. Topped off with shredded cheese, and baked in the oven to completion! Top with garnishes like green onions and sour cream if you please, and serve right out of the pan. These can get messy, so have fun with them!
- Hard Taco Shells
- Whole Pre-Cooked Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese (Tex Mex Blend)
- 1 1/2 cans Enchilada Sauce (approx 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup Green Onions
- Casserole Dish
- Mixing Bowl
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take your pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, remove the skin, and de-bone the chicken. Place all the meat into a mixing bowl.
- Pour 1/2 can of enchilada sauce (about 3/4 cup) into the chicken, and begin shredding the chicken with two forks while combining it with the sauce.
- Line your casserole dish with as many hard taco shells as it will fit. We used a large casserole dish that fit 13 shells.
- Spoon the chicken mixture evenly amongst the tacos.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the chicken on the tacos, and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, and the chicken is heated through (it's already cooked, so don't worry about it being under-cooked!)
The best part of every party is undoubtedly the food. If you're not eating good food are you really having a good time?
Earlier this week, we provided you with 30 amazing Super Bowl party appetizer ideas to help you prepare for the big game.
Super Bowl Sunday is just a few weeks away: Are you ready for the big game?
Football and chicken wings....ahhh sweet, sweet (and spicy) traditions.
Whether it's game day, or just a regular Wednesday night meatloaf dinner, this recipe is GOING to win the mouths you feed.
That delicious familiar buffalo sauce is often accompanied by something breaded and fried, like chicken wings, or a...
When it comes to an easy dinner, two words come to mind - CROCKPOT and LEFTOVERS (shame on you if you thought I was going to say...
A different spin on a traditional chili, with a creamy buffalo ranch chicken version that will kick up your crock pot dinner a few...
If you love salsa, this recipe is for you.
If you love bean salads, this recipe is for you.
If you love guacamole...
Pretty much the easiest way to make chicken fajitas at home while optimizing on flavor and saving you time, dishes and energy!
When you're starting or living on a low-carb diet, snacks and appetizers is often the biggest hurdle to overcome.
The keto lifestyle can be a crazy one to wrap your head around - where fat is good, and carbs are bad. Wait, fat is good?