Cauliflower is definitely living in its 15 minutes of fame. Becoming more and more popular in restaurants and in home recipes, it’s now the go-to option when eating low-carb, it would seem.
A popular menu item that we were just dying to create at home, is the whole roasted cauliflower. It’s an amazing addition to the dinner table because this vegetable side is so pretty, it seconds as the centerpiece of your whole meal.
Easily prepared, roasted and served by the slice, the flavors in this are incredible and not to be missed.
If you’re seeking a new side dish option that won’t break the diet bank like mashed potatoes may, this dish is the perfect substitute.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- Oven safe roasting dish (lidded)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower head, and cut the bottom evenly so the cauliflower will sit flat.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients and pour over the cauliflower, spreading it out evenly so as much surface of the cauliflower as possible is coated in the mustard mixture.
- Cover and roast for 35-40 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from the dish, and place on a serving platter for slicing and serving. Enjoy!
When it comes to preparing for a big date or event, we have so much to think about.
We get it, you invest in kitchen tools and want to make them last forever.
For those who have to deal with an anxiety disorder, they often have the constant feeling of uneasiness, worry and fear.
Meghan Markle has captured everyone's attention but not just because of her acting career, because of her new relationship and now...
When I first decided that I was up for the challenge of giving up coffee for a week, I had visions of myself by the end of it,...
By now we’re all well aware that plastic pollution is a real problem, and it’s not only impacting our oceans, but also the...
Containers are crucial for transporting food and liquids while we live our busy lives.
So disclaimer: I'll pretty much try anything that's new and plant-based at Starbucks.
This week was a taste of my own medicine, so to speak. Among my group of friends, it has become a running a joke that at a...
Do you remember the Canada's Food Guide rainbow that you would learn about in health class as a student? Who could forget it?
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.