Cauliflower is definitely living in its 15 minutes of fame. Becoming more and more popular in restaurants and in home recipes, it’s now the go-to option when eating low-carb, it would seem.
A popular menu item that we were just dying to create at home, is the whole roasted cauliflower. It’s an amazing addition to the dinner table because this vegetable side is so pretty, it seconds as the centerpiece of your whole meal.
Easily prepared, roasted and served by the slice, the flavors in this are incredible and not to be missed.
If you’re seeking a new side dish option that won’t break the diet bank like mashed potatoes may, this dish is the perfect substitute.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- Oven safe roasting dish (lidded)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower head, and cut the bottom evenly so the cauliflower will sit flat.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients and pour over the cauliflower, spreading it out evenly so as much surface of the cauliflower as possible is coated in the mustard mixture.
- Cover and roast for 35-40 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from the dish, and place on a serving platter for slicing and serving. Enjoy!
It can be particularly hard to eat well at work. We spend the mornings making healthy lunches for our family, and yet we forget to...
Go back 15 years ago and nobody but high-end restaurants cared how the food was plated, served and enjoyed.
There's nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked banana bread, is there?
If you're a vegan or follow a plant-based diet you know what it is like to receive comments such as "how do you have the...
Black beans are part of the legume family also known as every vegan's protein dream.
Nutritional Yeast is this odd flake-like substance that you hear about and see in recipes a lot (especially dairy free & vegan...
If you've ever been on a low-carb diet you know real fast that breakfast especially can be a challenge.
Step out of the box and try something new like cooking with cauliflower.
Many of us live busy lives whether you're a parent and or are living a busy work life.
Like the newly popular kitchen gadget, the Instant Pot, the slow cooker still makes the top favorite kitchen gadgets to have.
When it comes to vegan cuisine is doesn't have to be complicated and difficult.
Buying fresh produce can feel expensive especially if you're purchasing fruits or vegetables in their offseasons.