Sweet potatoes are definitely an all-year-round vegetable to enjoy, but somehow it’s just much more popular in the fall and winter months. It definitely goes with the color scheme and I’m not here to complain about more sweet potatoes in my life.
With increasing popularity of grain-free diets, we’ve adapted and become inventive on how we create commonly flour-based recipes and making them new again in bold, exciting and healthy ways.
This recipe comes out with the softness of a brownie, and a texture that will have you coming back for more.
Make this recipe for your next festive gathering, or even for a healthy dessert in the house you can feel good about sneaking a little square of here-and-there.
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked & mashed
- 1/2 cup cashew butter *sub for another nut/seed butter*
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch, salt
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- Non-stick cooking spray (or parchment paper)
- Optional* chopped pecans for topping
- Loaf Pan
- Food processor (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients (except for almond milk) into your food processor. If you don't have one, hand mixing will do (it's what we did!)
- One tablespoon at a time, add your almond milk and combine into the batter.
- Spray your loaf pan with a non-stick cooking spray, then pour and spread the batter evenly into the pan. Top with chopped pecans (optional).
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before cutting up and serving. Leftovers should be stored in the fridge before enjoying!
The holidays are the busiest time of year! There are countless Christmas parties, dinners, family gatherings, and potlucks.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Poached eggs are a delicious addition to your breakfast and a great way to add protein without all the extra oil of a fried egg.
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!
Granola bars are perfect for so many moments: breakfast time; an at-work or school-safe snack; a picnic, playground, or...
Rice is a staple in most people’s homes, including mine! It’s filling and the perfect complement to so many dishes, from meat...
Granola is delicious breakfast food, whether it's with yogurt, milk (or non-dairy milk!), or on its own.
Here's the thing, we tend to put a lot of emphasis on what we shouldn't be eating but it's time the foods we really should be...
Being comfortable in your body is essential to living a happy life.
The news everyone has been waiting for is finally here. On September 26, 2019, McDonald's announced they have begun a partnership...