A healthy snack inspired by a Spring-time favorite – carrot cake! These sweet bites will crush your cravings for a full-sized piece of cake in a clean-eating recipe that will be the perfect grab & go addition to your week. Make a batch, and store them in your fridge for days. Don’t be shocked if they get chowed down before you know it. With 1 full cup of carrots in this recipe, and all natural ingredients and sugars, it’s ok if you’re the sole reason they got chowed down that fast, because it’s a recipe you certainly can feel good about. I mean, it’s one way to eat your carrots 😉
- 1 cup grated rainbow carrots (we used purple, yellow, orange)
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 chopped pecans
- 1/3 coconut flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- Food Processor / Blender
- Mixing Bowl
- Grate the carrots, and set aside.
- In a food processor, add in your dates and pecans until a sticky mixture forms. You will notice it begins to "ball" into a mass.
- Take the pecan & date mixture out of the food processor, and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Add carrots, oats, coconut flakes, cinnamon & vanilla and knead together with your hands.
- Roll into balls with your hands, making approximately 12.
- Store in the fridge to keep hardened.
Halloween is an exciting holiday because it's a chance to go all out without judgment.
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!