It may seem so much easier to just toss a couple boxes of snack bars in your cart at the store, but this recipe will challenge that.
Made with healthy ingredients such as dates, raw cashews, almond butter and coconut – it contains no added sugar, but tastes like a candy bar.
This will give you the boost you need in your day with some natural sugars from the dates, and protein from the nuts, and an chewy texture that will remind you of snack bars that would usually put you out $1 a bar…and you can make a dozen of these for much much less!
Stored in the refrigerator these can last you for weeks. We wrapped ours individually and had them ready to grab in the morning!
Try these today, and see exactly why you should be not only meal-prepping, but snack-prepping too!
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or any natural nut or seed butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- 2 tbsp black cocoa powder (can sub for regular cocoa powder)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Food Processor
- Parchment lined 8x8 pan
- Place all your ingredients into the food processor and mix until the mixture combines well and begins to ball. You should still have pieces of nuts visible.
- Empty the mixture into a square baking pan, lined with parchment paper and press with the back of a spatula to make a flat and even surface.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and cut into 12 bars with a knife. Separate and wrap individually and store in an air-tight container for up to 3 weeks in the fridge.
Those who suffer from diverticulitis understand the utter pain and annoyance it can bring.
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.