Looking for a new way to serve up an easy, yet impressive appetizer for your next meal or potluck? Or perhaps you’ve bee missing your favorite deviled eggs on a plant-based diet. Whatever brought you to this recipe, you’re about to be very very pleased.
Using egg-sized mini potatoes, we made a deviled potato that tastes (and we’re not kidding) nearly exactly like a deviled egg’s filling. It’s creamy, tangy, and packs that punch of flavor you know and love.
Surprise your guests with something NEW, and completely allergen and dietary friendly, so you’ll be sure that everyone can enjoy them!
- 12 Mini Yellow-Fleshed Potatoes (approx. egg sized, if you can find them)
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Mayonnaise (we used Hellman's)
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Almond Milk
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Paprika (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tbsp dried or fresh Chives (plus more for garnish)
- Mixing Bowl
- Piping Bag & Wide Tip
- Steam or microwave cook your potatoes until cooked through.
- Slice off the top 1/3 of the potato, and carefully spoon out the centre, placing the insides into a separate bowl - leaving some of the potato still in it's skin as to keep the potato still in tact. Place the potato shells aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the potato flesh while combining with mustard, vegan mayo, salt, pepper, paprika, chives & almond milk.
- Scoop mixture into your piping bag.
- Pipe the mixture back into the potato skin shells, and garnish the tops with additional paprika and chives.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Step out of the box and try something new like cooking with cauliflower.
When I made the decision to adopt a plant-based diet I had many comments from friends saying things such as "I wish I could but...
A couple months ago many Vegan Americans sat in envy while Canadians had the release of the Beyond Meat burger at the fast food...
As much as I love summer weather, what really makes my heart sing are warm comforting meals!
There are copious amounts of recipes for the Instant Pot that are swimming around the internet these days.
I have to say, the holidays are my favorite time of year. There's something so exciting about all the twinkle lights, decorations...
For those who follow a vegan diet understand the struggle of attending a holiday dinner with non-vegans.
The holidays are the busiest time of year! There are countless Christmas parties, dinners, family gatherings, and potlucks.
My favorite thing about the holidays is time spent with family, however, my second favorite thing has to be the delicious food!
The best part of every party is undoubtedly the food. If you're not eating good food are you really having a good time?
Holidays such as Mardi Gras are fun because not only do you get to spend time with friends and family but you get to indulge in...
Shrove Tuesday is when pancakes are traditionally eaten, also known as Pancake Tuesday!