Looking for a new way to serve up an easy, yet impressive appetizer for your next meal or potluck? Or perhaps you’ve bee missing your favorite deviled eggs on a plant-based diet. Whatever brought you to this recipe, you’re about to be very very pleased.
Using egg-sized mini potatoes, we made a deviled potato that tastes (and we’re not kidding) nearly exactly like a deviled egg’s filling. It’s creamy, tangy, and packs that punch of flavor you know and love.
Surprise your guests with something NEW, and completely allergen and dietary friendly, so you’ll be sure that everyone can enjoy them!
- 12 Mini Yellow-Fleshed Potatoes (approx. egg sized, if you can find them)
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Mayonnaise (we used Hellman's)
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Almond Milk
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Paprika (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tbsp dried or fresh Chives (plus more for garnish)
- Mixing Bowl
- Piping Bag & Wide Tip
- Steam or microwave cook your potatoes until cooked through.
- Slice off the top 1/3 of the potato, and carefully spoon out the centre, placing the insides into a separate bowl - leaving some of the potato still in it's skin as to keep the potato still in tact. Place the potato shells aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the potato flesh while combining with mustard, vegan mayo, salt, pepper, paprika, chives & almond milk.
- Scoop mixture into your piping bag.
- Pipe the mixture back into the potato skin shells, and garnish the tops with additional paprika and chives.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
A while back we dove into the world of dessert hummus with a chocolate version that reminded us of brownie batter.
From acne to dry hair, and so much more, beauty products are the solution to many of life's little problems.
As part of my review of the Wolf Gourmet Multi-Function Cooker, I developed some recipes to test this amazing appliance out in...
Whether you're a vegan or vegetarian dieter or just watching your health and fat intake, bacon can be one of those things that is...
Chia seeds come from the plant Salvia Hispanica and are known for their tiny black seed appearance.
You've probably been hearing things about this new vegan burger everyone's going crazy for, the Beyond Meat burger.
Canada has spoken...and they LOVE the new Beyond Meat burger at A&W.
As someone who now eats a mostly plant-based diet, I've found myself stumped on how to enjoy BBQ meals this summer.
So disclaimer: I'll pretty much try anything that's new and plant-based at Starbucks.
When I made the decision to adopt a plant-based diet I had many comments from friends saying things such as "I wish I could but...
Halloween is an exciting holiday because it's a chance to go all out without judgment.
As much as I love summer weather, what really makes my heart sing are warm comforting meals!