Looking for a new way to serve up an easy, yet impressive appetizer for your next meal or potluck? Or perhaps you’ve bee missing your favorite deviled eggs on a plant-based diet. Whatever brought you to this recipe, you’re about to be very very pleased.
Using egg-sized mini potatoes, we made a deviled potato that tastes (and we’re not kidding) nearly exactly like a deviled egg’s filling. It’s creamy, tangy, and packs that punch of flavor you know and love.
Surprise your guests with something NEW, and completely allergen and dietary friendly, so you’ll be sure that everyone can enjoy them!
- 12 Mini Yellow-Fleshed Potatoes (approx. egg sized, if you can find them)
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Mayonnaise (we used Hellman's)
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Almond Milk
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Paprika (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tbsp dried or fresh Chives (plus more for garnish)
- Mixing Bowl
- Piping Bag & Wide Tip
- Steam or microwave cook your potatoes until cooked through.
- Slice off the top 1/3 of the potato, and carefully spoon out the centre, placing the insides into a separate bowl - leaving some of the potato still in it's skin as to keep the potato still in tact. Place the potato shells aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the potato flesh while combining with mustard, vegan mayo, salt, pepper, paprika, chives & almond milk.
- Scoop mixture into your piping bag.
- Pipe the mixture back into the potato skin shells, and garnish the tops with additional paprika and chives.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Like the newly popular kitchen gadget, the Instant Pot, the slow cooker still makes the top favorite kitchen gadgets to have.
A couple months ago many Vegan Americans sat in envy while Canadians had the release of the Beyond Meat burger at the fast food...
Halloween is an exciting holiday because it's a chance to go all out without judgment.
There are copious amounts of recipes for the Instant Pot that are swimming around the internet these days.
I have to say, the holidays are my favorite time of year. There's something so exciting about all the twinkle lights, decorations...
The holidays are my favorite time of year. Mostly because of the twinkly lights, the sparkly ornaments on a dazzling tree and of...
The holidays are the busiest time of year! There are countless Christmas parties, dinners, family gatherings, and potlucks.
My favorite thing about the holidays is time spent with family, however, my second favorite thing has to be the delicious food!
The best part of every party is undoubtedly the food. If you're not eating good food are you really having a good time?
Love it or hate it, Valentine's Day is around the corner. On this holiday, you get a chance to spend it with those you love or to...
Shrove Tuesday is when pancakes are traditionally eaten, also known as Pancake Tuesday!
While I don't love all vegetables, I am definitely up for trying new things (at least once).