Summer is here and the berries of the season are at their peak taste. How you enjoy these flavors is completely up to you, but let me suggest here, that these raw macaroons may be the best little bites you enjoy all summer.
Quite honestly, they’re like a little ode to berry pie. They’re a macaroon, true…but their flavors and texture comes off like nothing you’ve quite tasted before in a classic macaroon!
What I love about this recipe, is it’s a toss & blend. What does that mean? Well, toss the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend. Voila. No baking required, just roll these babies out, and drizzle in some dairy-free dark chocolate and chill in the fridge. It stores for days (I mean, I really can’t speak to how MANY days…because they only lasted us about 3 days total before they were devoured).
You may be wondering why I noted that they’re RAW? Well, keeping the food raw, keeps all the essential nutrients alive and well in the food, not cooked away at all. Not to mention the lack of turning your oven on….I mean… it’s hot outside, no thanks.
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh berries (we used blueberries & raspberries)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Salt, pinch
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy free)
- Blender / Food processor
- Small mixing bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Combine all your ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend well until it's well combined, with only a small visibility of the coconut flakes remain. This may take 3-5 minutes, scraping sides as you go.
- Chill dough for 10 minutes.
- Scoop the chilled dough, and hand roll into bite sized balls (this sizing is truly up to you!). Place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Melt your chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave, and drizzle over the balls. Let chill for another 10 minutes.
- Store in fridge, in a container or ziploc bag!
Those who suffer from diverticulitis understand the utter pain and annoyance it can bring.
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.