Summer is here and the berries of the season are at their peak taste. How you enjoy these flavors is completely up to you, but let me suggest here, that these raw macaroons may be the best little bites you enjoy all summer.
Quite honestly, they’re like a little ode to berry pie. They’re a macaroon, true…but their flavors and texture comes off like nothing you’ve quite tasted before in a classic macaroon!
What I love about this recipe, is it’s a toss & blend. What does that mean? Well, toss the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend. Voila. No baking required, just roll these babies out, and drizzle in some dairy-free dark chocolate and chill in the fridge. It stores for days (I mean, I really can’t speak to how MANY days…because they only lasted us about 3 days total before they were devoured).
You may be wondering why I noted that they’re RAW? Well, keeping the food raw, keeps all the essential nutrients alive and well in the food, not cooked away at all. Not to mention the lack of turning your oven on….I mean… it’s hot outside, no thanks.
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh berries (we used blueberries & raspberries)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Salt, pinch
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy free)
- Blender / Food processor
- Small mixing bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Combine all your ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend well until it's well combined, with only a small visibility of the coconut flakes remain. This may take 3-5 minutes, scraping sides as you go.
- Chill dough for 10 minutes.
- Scoop the chilled dough, and hand roll into bite sized balls (this sizing is truly up to you!). Place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Melt your chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave, and drizzle over the balls. Let chill for another 10 minutes.
- Store in fridge, in a container or ziploc bag!
Whole30 is an eating plan that can actually become a lifestyle depending on how you approach it.
Granola bars are perfect for so many moments: breakfast time; an at-work or school-safe snack; a picnic, playground, or...
Rice is a staple in most people’s homes, including mine! It’s filling and the perfect complement to so many dishes, from meat...
Here's the thing, we tend to put a lot of emphasis on what we shouldn't be eating but it's time the foods we really should be...
Beyond Meat is spreading like wildfire. More and more fast-food chains are hopping on the plant-based bandwagon.
Being comfortable in your body is essential to living a happy life.
Surely you've heard the word antioxidant thrown around time and time again.
The paleolithic diet, also known as the paleo diet, the caveman diet, or the stone-age diet is a meal plan that predominately...
Weight Watchers has reinvented itself over the years and because of that, it is becoming more popular now than ever.
There's no better way to wind down from a busy day than to catch up on your favorite shows with snacks in hand, amirite?
The vegan diet continues to gain popularity and not to mention lactose allergies are on the rise too.
Earlier this week Starbucks announced that they're officially offering 2 new non-dairy beverages nationwide.