When you’re looking for a healthy snack on-the-go, it’s easy to reach for things you shouldn’t – like chocolate, cookies and chips. Choosing a “clean eating” alternative with natural sugars, fiber and protein, you can surprisingly eat a special treat-like snack, without breaking your nutritional goals and clean diet. With only 5 ingredients, you can make these little energy snack bites that end up tasting just like pecan pie! It’s completely gluten-free and vegan, so share away with your friends too, since it works with many diet restrictions! Make these in 5 minutes, and store for up to a week in the fridge. On hand for when you need to grab that better snack option.
- 2 cups medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- In a food processor, process all your pitted dates until a ball begins to form.
- Add pecans, and process for another minute.
- Add oats, cinnamon and maple syrup and process for an additional 1-2 minutes or until well blended. Scrape down the sides if necessary as you go.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp measurements of the mixture, and roll into a ball with your hands. Continue until all the mixture is gone. This should make about 12-18 snack bites, depending on the sizes you create.
- Firm up by chilling in the fridge, then store in a air tight container or freezer bag in the fridge for up to one week.
I'm all about grilling in the summertime! In fact, we make most of our meals on the barbecue when the weather cooperates.
While I don't love all vegetables, I am definitely up for trying new things (at least once).
A&W Canada is back at it again and is listening loud and clear to the needs and wants of their customers.
When you follow a restrictive diet, the hardest part about any holiday can be the food options.
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...