When you’re looking for a healthy snack on-the-go, it’s easy to reach for things you shouldn’t – like chocolate, cookies and chips. Choosing a “clean eating” alternative with natural sugars, fiber and protein, you can surprisingly eat a special treat-like snack, without breaking your nutritional goals and clean diet. With only 5 ingredients, you can make these little energy snack bites that end up tasting just like pecan pie! It’s completely gluten-free and vegan, so share away with your friends too, since it works with many diet restrictions! Make these in 5 minutes, and store for up to a week in the fridge. On hand for when you need to grab that better snack option.
- 2 cups medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- In a food processor, process all your pitted dates until a ball begins to form.
- Add pecans, and process for another minute.
- Add oats, cinnamon and maple syrup and process for an additional 1-2 minutes or until well blended. Scrape down the sides if necessary as you go.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp measurements of the mixture, and roll into a ball with your hands. Continue until all the mixture is gone. This should make about 12-18 snack bites, depending on the sizes you create.
- Firm up by chilling in the fridge, then store in a air tight container or freezer bag in the fridge for up to one week.
Halloween is an exciting holiday because it's a chance to go all out without judgment.
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!