A while back we dove into the world of dessert hummus with a chocolate version that reminded us of brownie batter. So much so, it was devoured very quickly by unsuspecting co-workers who had no clue they were eating a healthy treat. Wah ha ha!
We knew we had to create more, and when it came time for us to, there’s no better version we could come up with, than a funfetti cake batter dessert hummus. We were able to make this vegan with the use of all plant-based ingredients, right down to the vegan sprinkles from our friends at The Sprinkle Sisters (you can find these vegan sprinkles in their shop HERE).
In only 5 minutes, you can create a dessert hummus at home using a food processor. Serve them up with vegan cookies, wafers or some fresh fruit. We chose strawberries and were not disappointed.
When you’re ready to make this healthy, delicious dessert hummus yourself, be ready with this recipe below. Or, pin it for later!
- 1 1/2 cups canned chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour (can substitute for all-purpose)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp almond extract (substitute for vanilla for nut-free)
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp vegan sprinkles
- Once you've drained and rinsed your chickpeas, add them to the food processor along with all the rest of the ingredients, except your milk and sprinkles.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth, then begin to add your almond milk a bit at a time until the desired consistency is reached. We used the full 2 tbsp.
- Taste and adjust if needed.
- Remove carefully from the food processor into a bowl and top with your vegan sprinkles! Serve with wafers, cookies or fresh fruit. Enjoy!
For the Chocolate Dessert Hummus mentioned above, click HERE for that recipe!
Vegan or not, this recipe is one for the whole family (trust us). It's so incredibly fun to prepare thanks to the ease of a sheet...
Go back 15 years ago and nobody but high-end restaurants cared how the food was plated, served and enjoyed.
There's nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked banana bread, is there?
If you're a vegan or follow a plant-based diet you know what it is like to receive comments such as "how do you have the...
Black beans are part of the legume family also known as every vegan's protein dream.
Nutritional Yeast is this odd flake-like substance that you hear about and see in recipes a lot (especially dairy free & vegan...
If you've ever been on a low-carb diet you know real fast that breakfast especially can be a challenge.
Step out of the box and try something new like cooking with cauliflower.
Many of us live busy lives whether you're a parent and or are living a busy work life.
Like the newly popular kitchen gadget, the Instant Pot, the slow cooker still makes the top favorite kitchen gadgets to have.
When it comes to vegan cuisine is doesn't have to be complicated and difficult.
Buying fresh produce can feel expensive especially if you're purchasing fruits or vegetables in their offseasons.