A while back we dove into the world of dessert hummus with a chocolate version that reminded us of brownie batter. So much so, it was devoured very quickly by unsuspecting co-workers who had no clue they were eating a healthy treat. Wah ha ha!
We knew we had to create more, and when it came time for us to, there’s no better version we could come up with, than a funfetti cake batter dessert hummus. We were able to make this vegan with the use of all plant-based ingredients, right down to the vegan sprinkles from our friends at The Sprinkle Sisters (you can find these vegan sprinkles in their shop HERE).
In only 5 minutes, you can create a dessert hummus at home using a food processor. Serve them up with vegan cookies, wafers or some fresh fruit. We chose strawberries and were not disappointed.
When you’re ready to make this healthy, delicious dessert hummus yourself, be ready with this recipe below. Or, pin it for later!
- 1 1/2 cups canned chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour (can substitute for all-purpose)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp almond extract (substitute for vanilla for nut-free)
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp vegan sprinkles
- Once you've drained and rinsed your chickpeas, add them to the food processor along with all the rest of the ingredients, except your milk and sprinkles.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth, then begin to add your almond milk a bit at a time until the desired consistency is reached. We used the full 2 tbsp.
- Taste and adjust if needed.
- Remove carefully from the food processor into a bowl and top with your vegan sprinkles! Serve with wafers, cookies or fresh fruit. Enjoy!
For the Chocolate Dessert Hummus mentioned above, click HERE for that recipe!
Those who suffer from diverticulitis understand the utter pain and annoyance it can bring.
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.