A while back we dove into the world of dessert hummus with a chocolate version that reminded us of brownie batter. So much so, it was devoured very quickly by unsuspecting co-workers who had no clue they were eating a healthy treat. Wah ha ha!
We knew we had to create more, and when it came time for us to, there’s no better version we could come up with, than a funfetti cake batter dessert hummus. We were able to make this vegan with the use of all plant-based ingredients, right down to the vegan sprinkles from our friends at The Sprinkle Sisters (you can find these vegan sprinkles in their shop HERE).
In only 5 minutes, you can create a dessert hummus at home using a food processor. Serve them up with vegan cookies, wafers or some fresh fruit. We chose strawberries and were not disappointed.
When you’re ready to make this healthy, delicious dessert hummus yourself, be ready with this recipe below. Or, pin it for later!
- 1 1/2 cups canned chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour (can substitute for all-purpose)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp almond extract (substitute for vanilla for nut-free)
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp vegan sprinkles
- Once you've drained and rinsed your chickpeas, add them to the food processor along with all the rest of the ingredients, except your milk and sprinkles.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth, then begin to add your almond milk a bit at a time until the desired consistency is reached. We used the full 2 tbsp.
- Taste and adjust if needed.
- Remove carefully from the food processor into a bowl and top with your vegan sprinkles! Serve with wafers, cookies or fresh fruit. Enjoy!
For the Chocolate Dessert Hummus mentioned above, click HERE for that recipe!
Buying fresh produce can feel expensive especially if you're purchasing fruits or vegetables in their offseasons.
You've probably been hearing things about this new vegan burger everyone's going crazy for, the Beyond Meat burger.
Food Organization inside a lunch bag is one of those arts you must master as a parent.
Canada has spoken...and they LOVE the new Beyond Meat burger at A&W.
Smoothies are an awesome healthy addition to your daily diet and meal plan, especially for those on-the-go mornings.
As someone who now eats a mostly plant-based diet, I've found myself stumped on how to enjoy BBQ meals this summer.
I'm all about grilling in the summertime! In fact, we make most of our meals on the barbecue when the weather cooperates.
So disclaimer: I'll pretty much try anything that's new and plant-based at Starbucks.
I newly discovered oregano oil a little over a year ago from a friend who swore by and raved about its amazing super-power-like...
When I came across the Mediterranean diet it was completely new. I quickly learned, though, that it's quite a simple concept.
When I made the decision to adopt a plant-based diet I had many comments from friends saying things such as "I wish I could but...
A couple months ago many Vegan Americans sat in envy while Canadians had the release of the Beyond Meat burger at the fast food...