A while back we dove into the world of dessert hummus with a chocolate version that reminded us of brownie batter. So much so, it was devoured very quickly by unsuspecting co-workers who had no clue they were eating a healthy treat. Wah ha ha!
We knew we had to create more, and when it came time for us to, there’s no better version we could come up with, than a funfetti cake batter dessert hummus. We were able to make this vegan with the use of all plant-based ingredients, right down to the vegan sprinkles from our friends at The Sprinkle Sisters (you can find these vegan sprinkles in their shop HERE).
In only 5 minutes, you can create a dessert hummus at home using a food processor. Serve them up with vegan cookies, wafers or some fresh fruit. We chose strawberries and were not disappointed.
When you’re ready to make this healthy, delicious dessert hummus yourself, be ready with this recipe below. Or, pin it for later!
- 1 1/2 cups canned chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour (can substitute for all-purpose)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp almond extract (substitute for vanilla for nut-free)
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp vegan sprinkles
- Once you've drained and rinsed your chickpeas, add them to the food processor along with all the rest of the ingredients, except your milk and sprinkles.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth, then begin to add your almond milk a bit at a time until the desired consistency is reached. We used the full 2 tbsp.
- Taste and adjust if needed.
- Remove carefully from the food processor into a bowl and top with your vegan sprinkles! Serve with wafers, cookies or fresh fruit. Enjoy!
For the Chocolate Dessert Hummus mentioned above, click HERE for that recipe!
It's officially summer and that means it's grilling season! Unfortunately, not everybody has a barbeque.
When I came across the Mediterranean diet it was completely new. I quickly learned, though, that it's quite a simple concept.
Those who suffer from diverticulitis understand the utter pain and annoyance it can bring.
A couple months ago many Vegan Americans sat in envy while Canadians had the release of the Beyond Meat burger at the fast food...
Halloween is an exciting holiday because it's a chance to go all out without judgment.
As much as I love summer weather, what really makes my heart sing are warm comforting meals!
When I think about pumpkins I often find myself reminiscing or wishing it was the season of Fall.
I have to say, the holidays are my favorite time of year. There's something so exciting about all the twinkle lights, decorations...
Black Friday is quickly approaching! Along with Thanksgiving prep, many of us are eagerly scouting the flyers and websites for the...
The holidays are my favorite time of year. Mostly because of the twinkly lights, the sparkly ornaments on a dazzling tree and of...
The holidays are the busiest time of year! There are countless Christmas parties, dinners, family gatherings, and potlucks.
My favorite thing about the holidays is time spent with family, however, my second favorite thing has to be the delicious food!