A while back we dove into the world of dessert hummus with a chocolate version that reminded us of brownie batter. So much so, it was devoured very quickly by unsuspecting co-workers who had no clue they were eating a healthy treat. Wah ha ha!
We knew we had to create more, and when it came time for us to, there’s no better version we could come up with, than a funfetti cake batter dessert hummus. We were able to make this vegan with the use of all plant-based ingredients, right down to the vegan sprinkles from our friends at The Sprinkle Sisters (you can find these vegan sprinkles in their shop HERE).
In only 5 minutes, you can create a dessert hummus at home using a food processor. Serve them up with vegan cookies, wafers or some fresh fruit. We chose strawberries and were not disappointed.
When you’re ready to make this healthy, delicious dessert hummus yourself, be ready with this recipe below. Or, pin it for later!
- 1 1/2 cups canned chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour (can substitute for all-purpose)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp almond extract (substitute for vanilla for nut-free)
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp vegan sprinkles
- Once you've drained and rinsed your chickpeas, add them to the food processor along with all the rest of the ingredients, except your milk and sprinkles.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth, then begin to add your almond milk a bit at a time until the desired consistency is reached. We used the full 2 tbsp.
- Taste and adjust if needed.
- Remove carefully from the food processor into a bowl and top with your vegan sprinkles! Serve with wafers, cookies or fresh fruit. Enjoy!
For the Chocolate Dessert Hummus mentioned above, click HERE for that recipe!
Creamy and dairy-free recipes? How ironic is it to hear the word creamy in a recipe without any cheese or cream to make it that...
From acne to dry hair, and so much more, beauty products are the solution to many of life's little problems.
Inflammation in the body can be a good thing and acute inflammation is considered a part of healing.
When I first went vegan, there were a few foods I really struggled to let go of. Cheese-covered nachos were one of them.
Whether you're a vegan or vegetarian dieter or just watching your health and fat intake, bacon can be one of those things that is...
For those who have to deal with an anxiety disorder, they often have the constant feeling of uneasiness, worry and fear.
You've probably been hearing things about this new vegan burger everyone's going crazy for, the Beyond Meat burger.
Food Organization inside a lunch bag is one of those arts you must master as a parent.
When the warm weather rolls around you'll quickly notice all the barbeques that start to fill the air with their enticing aroma.
Canada has spoken...and they LOVE the new Beyond Meat burger at A&W.
As someone who now eats a mostly plant-based diet, I've found myself stumped on how to enjoy BBQ meals this summer.
Ginger has been used for thousands of years to treat minor illnesses.