Going towards a plant based / vegan diet, most people struggle with those final “giving ups” like cheese and eggs, they aren’t meat, but they are animal byproducts and the world is changing in how we view these, so it’s understandable why the struggle is real. Then, you discover that there’s options to substitute them from your life, and suddenly it doesn’t seem so bad!
It’s not just vegans looking for egg substitutes, as eggs are also a common food allergen!
Tofu, amazingly enough, can mash into scrambles using a simple potato masher and pan fried to create an egg-like consistency very similar to scrambled eggs. Using turmeric, it gets a warm yellow color and the addition of nutritional yeast, you get an amazing savory cheesy taste that will blow your mind.
- 1 pack (14oz) extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Chives, for garnish
- Potato Masher
- Non-stick frying pan
- First, drain your tofu, and pat dry. If you don't have the extra firm variety, press the tofu first, using paper towels and a heavy object on top.
- Once the tofu has been prepared, break it up into bite sized "scrambles" using a potato masher.
- In a non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat, heat up your olive oil and add in your tofu scrambles. Let cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in your turmeric, salt & pepper & nutritional yeast, and continue to cook for another couple minutes.
- Serve along home fries, sliced tomatoes & garnish with chives.
Those who suffer from diverticulitis understand the utter pain and annoyance it can bring.
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.