Going towards a plant based / vegan diet, most people struggle with those final “giving ups” like cheese and eggs, they aren’t meat, but they are animal byproducts and the world is changing in how we view these, so it’s understandable why the struggle is real. Then, you discover that there’s options to substitute them from your life, and suddenly it doesn’t seem so bad!
It’s not just vegans looking for egg substitutes, as eggs are also a common food allergen!
Tofu, amazingly enough, can mash into scrambles using a simple potato masher and pan fried to create an egg-like consistency very similar to scrambled eggs. Using turmeric, it gets a warm yellow color and the addition of nutritional yeast, you get an amazing savory cheesy taste that will blow your mind.
- 1 pack (14oz) extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Chives, for garnish
- Potato Masher
- Non-stick frying pan
- First, drain your tofu, and pat dry. If you don't have the extra firm variety, press the tofu first, using paper towels and a heavy object on top.
- Once the tofu has been prepared, break it up into bite sized "scrambles" using a potato masher.
- In a non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat, heat up your olive oil and add in your tofu scrambles. Let cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in your turmeric, salt & pepper & nutritional yeast, and continue to cook for another couple minutes.
- Serve along home fries, sliced tomatoes & garnish with chives.
Whole30 is an eating plan that can actually become a lifestyle depending on how you approach it.
Granola bars are perfect for so many moments: breakfast time; an at-work or school-safe snack; a picnic, playground, or...
Rice is a staple in most people’s homes, including mine! It’s filling and the perfect complement to so many dishes, from meat...
Here's the thing, we tend to put a lot of emphasis on what we shouldn't be eating but it's time the foods we really should be...
Beyond Meat is spreading like wildfire. More and more fast-food chains are hopping on the plant-based bandwagon.
Being comfortable in your body is essential to living a happy life.
Surely you've heard the word antioxidant thrown around time and time again.
The paleolithic diet, also known as the paleo diet, the caveman diet, or the stone-age diet is a meal plan that predominately...
Weight Watchers has reinvented itself over the years and because of that, it is becoming more popular now than ever.
There's no better way to wind down from a busy day than to catch up on your favorite shows with snacks in hand, amirite?
The vegan diet continues to gain popularity and not to mention lactose allergies are on the rise too.
Earlier this week Starbucks announced that they're officially offering 2 new non-dairy beverages nationwide.