Game changer recipes are my absolute favorite. One simple concept, that absolutely changes the way you cook forevermore. Nothing better. Using cooked eggs as the wrap of your breakfast sandwich, because it holds together perfectly (I mean, we use eggs as a “binding agent” in baking recipes all the time!). You cut the carbs (so long, tortillas!) and you still get all the breakfast goodies you know and love. If you’re a keto-dieter, this one is perfect. High fat, high protein, low carb.
One thing we really fell in love with, was when making these – they worked perfectly for batch cooking. Make 5 of these rolls, enjoy one on Monday, and freeze the rest for a week of easy breakfasts. Cook once, eat 5 times. WIN.
I wish I could say that I ate all 5 of these, but my son got bacon and sausage heart eyes at these, and suddenly they were gone…
- 10 eggs
- 10 pre-cooked breakfast sausages
- 5 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- Small round frying pan (with lid for faster cooking)
- Ziploc bag (if storing for later)
- Spray your pan with non stick cooking spray and pre-heat to a medium high. Two at a time, whisk your eggs and pour into a small round frying pan (this is key so it keeps a smaller wrap sized shape). Let the eggs cook without flipping (covering with a small pan or pot lid will help here).
- Once the eggs are cooked, top with shredded cheese while still hot (again to make this faster - use a pot lid to melt the cheese).
- In the center, place one strip of bacon, and two breakfast sausages. Let cool enough to handle.
- Lifting at one side, begin to roll the egg wrap. The cheese will help "seal" the edges.
- Enjoy immediately, or let cool completely and store in the freezer for easy microwave-friendly breakfasts.
I'm a bit of a subscription box junkie. Meaning, I've been around the block a few times and had my fair share of these...
Whether you’ve been on the Ketogenic diet for a while now or are new to it, you’ve likely struggled with snacks.
What is your biggest challenge when you start a new diet? For me, it's sugar. Forget the deep fried food - I can skip that.
Following a new diet can be both exciting and daunting and following through with that diet is never easy!
Summer is in full swing and what better way to celebrate the warm weather than to dig into delicious food!
Diets can be so hard to follow especially when strong cravings hit.
Snacks are sneaky foods that can derail our diets, especially when following the keto diet.
Let me start by answering the question I know you're wondering - "Is this dressing good enough that I should actually take the...
Coleslaw might be on the most beloved summer salads in North America. Why you ask? I have no idea.
Chicken wings are a favorite meal for many, whether you're eating out at a restaurant or sitting around the dinner table with your...
These little Cobb Salads on a Stick are all the deliciousness of a loaded cobb salad without the mess or need to sit down to enjoy...
Some may have been lured into the keto diet for weight loss, while others may have been attracted to the idea of indulging in...