For starters, we are not trying to claim that this recipe somehow mimics a hard shell crunchy meat taco with all the fillings. That would be crazy. What we are claiming, is that this recipe is a healthy veggie-based lunch or dinner option that’s it’s own completely other level of taco.
With simple and clean ingredients, you can make these filling and nutrient rich stuffed tacos made right in the skin of a sweet potato. Which, yes, by the way…you can totally eat.
I’m personally a huge fan of Mexican food, and like to make healthy versions of it often to indulge my cravings. So I was surprised at how easy this recipe was, with so little steps to accomplish it. It took about 15 minutes beginning to end for two (very filling) servings! How often does that happen?
If you’ve given up grains and you’re looking for a way to indulge in your Mexican food cravings, then THIS is exactly the recipe you need!
Vegan or plant-based? You better believe this is completely free of animal byproducts and ready for you to devour!
Love all the foods? Yeah, you’ll like this one too (did I mention it only takes 15 minutes?!?!).
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, hot sauce, dairy-free sour cream, salsa and other toppings of choice
- Wash your sweet potatoes, and gently pierce all over with a fork.
- Wrap them individually in a damp paper towel and microwave until cooked through (about 4-5 minutes each)
- Carefully remove from the microwave, and unwrap from paper towel.
- Cut the top 1/3 of the sweet potato off with a sharp knife, and scoop out the insides of the sweet potatoes leaving the shells in tact. Put the potato flesh straight into your stovetop skillet.
- Combine your sweet potato flesh, black beans, cumin, chili powder and lime juice in your stovetop skillet and cook over a medium-high heat until warmed throughout (about 5 minutes).
- Carefully scoop the potato/bean mixture into your sweet potato skins.
- Top with desired toppings, and serve!
I will never, ever pass up an opportunity to eat some delicious Tacos, especially when Guacamole is involved!
Halloween is an exciting holiday because it's a chance to go all out without judgment.
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
While experimenting with the Instant Pot I quickly discovered that it can not only cook a quick and easy weeknight meal but it can...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.