For starters, we are not trying to claim that this recipe somehow mimics a hard shell crunchy meat taco with all the fillings. That would be crazy. What we are claiming, is that this recipe is a healthy veggie-based lunch or dinner option that’s it’s own completely other level of taco.
With simple and clean ingredients, you can make these filling and nutrient rich stuffed tacos made right in the skin of a sweet potato. Which, yes, by the way…you can totally eat.
I’m personally a huge fan of Mexican food, and like to make healthy versions of it often to indulge my cravings. So I was surprised at how easy this recipe was, with so little steps to accomplish it. It took about 15 minutes beginning to end for two (very filling) servings! How often does that happen?
If you’ve given up grains and you’re looking for a way to indulge in your Mexican food cravings, then THIS is exactly the recipe you need!
Vegan or plant-based? You better believe this is completely free of animal byproducts and ready for you to devour!
Love all the foods? Yeah, you’ll like this one too (did I mention it only takes 15 minutes?!?!).
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, hot sauce, dairy-free sour cream, salsa and other toppings of choice
- Wash your sweet potatoes, and gently pierce all over with a fork.
- Wrap them individually in a damp paper towel and microwave until cooked through (about 4-5 minutes each)
- Carefully remove from the microwave, and unwrap from paper towel.
- Cut the top 1/3 of the sweet potato off with a sharp knife, and scoop out the insides of the sweet potatoes leaving the shells in tact. Put the potato flesh straight into your stovetop skillet.
- Combine your sweet potato flesh, black beans, cumin, chili powder and lime juice in your stovetop skillet and cook over a medium-high heat until warmed throughout (about 5 minutes).
- Carefully scoop the potato/bean mixture into your sweet potato skins.
- Top with desired toppings, and serve!
I will never, ever pass up an opportunity to eat some delicious Tacos, especially when Guacamole is involved!
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
There's no better way to wind down from a busy day than to catch up on your favorite shows with snacks in hand, amirite?
The vegan diet continues to gain popularity and not to mention lactose allergies are on the rise too.
Earlier this week Starbucks announced that they're officially offering 2 new non-dairy beverages nationwide.
Coca Cola Company unveiled that they are launching two new zero-sugar products to their Powerade brand.
Blue Diamond Growers is entering 2020 with a brand new product, Blue Diamond Almond Protein Powder made from 100% pure almond...
The plant-based diet trend is growing and it shows no signs of stopping!
For some, healthy eating is no easy feat. The secret to being successful is to create a balanced approach that allows you to fill...
Weight Watchers has reinvented itself over the years and because of that, it is becoming more popular now than ever.
Good news friends, KFC and Beyond Meat are announcing an expanded test of the Beyond Fried Chicken!
Adele, singer-songwriter and multi-Grammy winner has been making headlines for several years, mostly due to her incredible music...