Not long ago we ventured into swapping cauliflower for rice while trying out the oh-so-popular ketogenic diet (read more about it here). Much to everyone’s surprise…it was an easy and flavorful swap that didn’t sacrifice for much except for carbs and calories. Hello, winning!
After making Cauliflower Fried Rice, we wanted a Mexican version we could enjoy. The results were fantastic, and we’re happy to be sharing the recipe today with you!
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garnish with cilantro & avocado
- Non-stick pan
- Food processor (or large grater if hand grating the cauliflower)
- In a food processor, add in your cauliflower florets and pulse until they reach a rice-like size and consistency. Do not over-process as they will get mushy! If you don't own a food processor, hand grating (while it does take longer) will work as well.
- In your non-stick cooking pan, heat up a tbsp of olive oil on a med-high heat. Add in onions, garlic & jalapenos, and stir fry until the onions become translucent (a few minutes).
- Add in your tomatoes, cumin, paprika, chili powder and salt into the pan. Cook for an additional few minutes. Add in the diced peppers and cauliflower rice next, and continue to stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, and avocado (optional), and serve!
Following a new diet can be both exciting and daunting and following through with that diet is never easy!
The paleolithic diet, also known as the paleo diet, the caveman diet, or the stone-age diet is a meal plan that predominately...
Weight Watchers has reinvented itself over the years and because of that, it is becoming more popular now than ever.
The 77th annual Golden Globes took place last night, Sunday, January 5th, 2020 and while many had their eyes fixed on the...
The vegan diet continues to gain popularity and not to mention lactose allergies are on the rise too.
There's nothing better than the convenience of cake mix, especially for those that don't have that natural baking skill!
Attention keto-dieters, Birch Benders has a new lineup that you don't want to miss!
Coca Cola Company unveiled that they are launching two new zero-sugar products to their Powerade brand.
Many people are seeing great success with the keto diet and though a lot of us thought this would be a soon-to-go fad, this keto...
Silk, America's number 1 plant-based beverage brand has added a brand new product to its dairy-free lineup and you seriously need...
Halo Top is making our low-carb dreams come true with a brand new Keto-friendly lineup that features seven new flavors!
The plant-based diet trend is growing and it shows no signs of stopping!