Not long ago we ventured into swapping cauliflower for rice while trying out the oh-so-popular ketogenic diet (read more about it here). Much to everyone’s surprise…it was an easy and flavorful swap that didn’t sacrifice for much except for carbs and calories. Hello, winning!
After making Cauliflower Fried Rice, we wanted a Mexican version we could enjoy. The results were fantastic, and we’re happy to be sharing the recipe today with you!
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garnish with cilantro & avocado
- Non-stick pan
- Food processor (or large grater if hand grating the cauliflower)
- In a food processor, add in your cauliflower florets and pulse until they reach a rice-like size and consistency. Do not over-process as they will get mushy! If you don't own a food processor, hand grating (while it does take longer) will work as well.
- In your non-stick cooking pan, heat up a tbsp of olive oil on a med-high heat. Add in onions, garlic & jalapenos, and stir fry until the onions become translucent (a few minutes).
- Add in your tomatoes, cumin, paprika, chili powder and salt into the pan. Cook for an additional few minutes. Add in the diced peppers and cauliflower rice next, and continue to stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, and avocado (optional), and serve!
The Whole30 Diet has been raved about for several years now, beginning in 2009 and creating a large bandwagon following.
Being paleo means no grains, being vegan means no animal by-products. Well, frig.
If you're looking for something tasty but healthy, while being easy to make and serve - this one's for you.
Packing a lunch can be such a hassle when you don't have time. You throw a bunch of random foods into your bag as you run out the...
For starters, we are not trying to claim that this recipe somehow mimics a hard shell crunchy meat taco with all the fillings.
One-pan dinners are the weeknight's bread and butter of success. They are easy, time saving, dish saving, sanity saving.
After trying the plant-based diet, my biggest struggle was being able to feed those in my home that are still meat loving humans.
When I first made these muffins, I went in feeling like there was NO way they'd turn out.
Breakfast can be an instant frustration when you're on a plant-based diet. Don't believe me?
If you live by the motto "bacon makes everything better!" then you'll be happy to know bacon is great and commonly found in...
When it comes to eating a burger, there's a level of nostalgia involved and a lot of opinions.
It has been shown in recent studies that cheese has addictive traits.