As someone who now eats a mostly plant-based diet, I’ve found myself stumped on how to enjoy BBQ meals this summer. One of my favorite parts of grilling is that it relieves some of the meal planning pressure every week! Instead of cooking a full recipe, we would previously just throw some meat and vegetables on the grill and sit outside with a bevvy while we waited for a delicious dinner to magically be ready. While I’m well aware there are many vegan recipes for grilling out there, I’ve been looking for meal ideas that don’t actually require any real work. As in, I don’t want to have to make the veggie burgers from scratch before we grill them. I just want something we can throw on the barbie! Enter: these Grilled Greek Chickpea Foil Packets.
This is an absolutely heavenly meal, let me tell you. The greek seasoning and lemons are flavorful and bright. Plus, I’ve been on a real Greek cuisine kick this summer, so my cravings are being fulfilled. This summery recipe is so delicious that you can easily feed vegans and meat-eaters alike without complaints from either camp! Grab some veggies and get grilling this weekend!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into rounds
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tbsp greek seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heavy duty tin foil
- Turn the barbecue on to medium heat and let it come to temperature.
- In the meantime, combine vegetables, chickpeas, olive oil, seasoning, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Toss to coat.
- Place half of the mixture onto a large piece of tin foil. Place half of the lemon slices on top. Fold foil packet up, pinching and rolling up the sides to make sure the packet is sealed.
- Repeat step 3 for remaining mixture.
- Place packets on the barbecue and let cook for 15-20 minutes, checking for doneness starting at 15 minutes.
- Remove from barbecue and serve hot in a pita. Enjoy!
The holidays are the busiest time of year! There are countless Christmas parties, dinners, family gatherings, and potlucks.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Poached eggs are a delicious addition to your breakfast and a great way to add protein without all the extra oil of a fried egg.
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!
Granola bars are perfect for so many moments: breakfast time; an at-work or school-safe snack; a picnic, playground, or...
Rice is a staple in most people’s homes, including mine! It’s filling and the perfect complement to so many dishes, from meat...
Granola is delicious breakfast food, whether it's with yogurt, milk (or non-dairy milk!), or on its own.
Here's the thing, we tend to put a lot of emphasis on what we shouldn't be eating but it's time the foods we really should be...
Being comfortable in your body is essential to living a happy life.
The news everyone has been waiting for is finally here. On September 26, 2019, McDonald's announced they have begun a partnership...