As someone who now eats a mostly plant-based diet, I’ve found myself stumped on how to enjoy BBQ meals this summer. One of my favorite parts of grilling is that it relieves some of the meal planning pressure every week! Instead of cooking a full recipe, we would previously just throw some meat and vegetables on the grill and sit outside with a bevvy while we waited for a delicious dinner to magically be ready. While I’m well aware there are many vegan recipes for grilling out there, I’ve been looking for meal ideas that don’t actually require any real work. As in, I don’t want to have to make the veggie burgers from scratch before we grill them. I just want something we can throw on the barbie! Enter: these Grilled Greek Chickpea Foil Packets.
This is an absolutely heavenly meal, let me tell you. The greek seasoning and lemons are flavorful and bright. Plus, I’ve been on a real Greek cuisine kick this summer, so my cravings are being fulfilled. This summery recipe is so delicious that you can easily feed vegans and meat-eaters alike without complaints from either camp! Grab some veggies and get grilling this weekend!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into rounds
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tbsp greek seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heavy duty tin foil
- Turn the barbecue on to medium heat and let it come to temperature.
- In the meantime, combine vegetables, chickpeas, olive oil, seasoning, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Toss to coat.
- Place half of the mixture onto a large piece of tin foil. Place half of the lemon slices on top. Fold foil packet up, pinching and rolling up the sides to make sure the packet is sealed.
- Repeat step 3 for remaining mixture.
- Place packets on the barbecue and let cook for 15-20 minutes, checking for doneness starting at 15 minutes.
- Remove from barbecue and serve hot in a pita. Enjoy!
Like many other holidays, Halloween is a chance to go all out! This extends to decorating the house, creating extraordinary...
With cooler weather just around the corner, oatmeal will once again be a staple breakfast food.
Whether you're throwing a party or just hanging out at home, appetizers are an easy way to add variety to your meals and make them...
I love cooking with chicken. It's a go-to grocery store item that I absolutely must have in my shopping cart.
These past few months, life has been flying by faster than usual. I make it home in time to whip up something quick for supper and...
So you're on a low-carb diet, and the first thing you're struggling with is breakfast.
One of the hardest things about cooking for little people is trying to figure great meal options the kids in your life will...
Easter is less than a week away and men and women everywhere are eagerly searching for the best Easter dinner ideas online.
Let's face it, we all live busy lives and with those busy nights come stressful dinner times.
When adopting a new diet it can be hard to follow through unless you have a support system.
I'd like to personally thank whoever invented the idea of mug recipes.
Not everyone can be a Pinterest-level chef when it comes to celebrations and holidays. But we can try!