As someone who now eats a mostly plant-based diet, I’ve found myself stumped on how to enjoy BBQ meals this summer. One of my favorite parts of grilling is that it relieves some of the meal planning pressure every week! Instead of cooking a full recipe, we would previously just throw some meat and vegetables on the grill and sit outside with a bevvy while we waited for a delicious dinner to magically be ready. While I’m well aware there are many vegan recipes for grilling out there, I’ve been looking for meal ideas that don’t actually require any real work. As in, I don’t want to have to make the veggie burgers from scratch before we grill them. I just want something we can throw on the barbie! Enter: these Grilled Greek Chickpea Foil Packets.
This is an absolutely heavenly meal, let me tell you. The greek seasoning and lemons are flavorful and bright. Plus, I’ve been on a real Greek cuisine kick this summer, so my cravings are being fulfilled. This summery recipe is so delicious that you can easily feed vegans and meat-eaters alike without complaints from either camp! Grab some veggies and get grilling this weekend!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into rounds
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tbsp greek seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heavy duty tin foil
- Turn the barbecue on to medium heat and let it come to temperature.
- In the meantime, combine vegetables, chickpeas, olive oil, seasoning, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Toss to coat.
- Place half of the mixture onto a large piece of tin foil. Place half of the lemon slices on top. Fold foil packet up, pinching and rolling up the sides to make sure the packet is sealed.
- Repeat step 3 for remaining mixture.
- Place packets on the barbecue and let cook for 15-20 minutes, checking for doneness starting at 15 minutes.
- Remove from barbecue and serve hot in a pita. Enjoy!
Whole30 is an eating plan that can actually become a lifestyle depending on how you approach it.
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
Black Friday is quickly approaching! Along with Thanksgiving prep, many of us are eagerly scouting the flyers and websites for the...
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!
Let's be honest, making dinner for a crowd of hungry kiddos can be challenging when you are tight on time, budget and your little...
Remember when you first discovered garlic bread, and it felt like there could be no better way to enjoy bread than to have it be...
Whether you're throwing a party or just hanging out at home, appetizers are an easy way to add variety to your meals and make them...
There are countless reasons why chicken is a go-to food for every meal.
Thanksgiving preparation can be both exciting and exhausting. This lovely holiday is a chance for us to share a meal with those we...
Not everyone can be a Pinterest-level chef when it comes to celebrations and holidays. But we can try!
When adopting a new diet it can be hard to follow through unless you have a support system.
So you're on a low-carb diet, and the first thing you're struggling with is breakfast.