We fully recognize that pasta should probably never be dyed blue, with one exception – patriotism food! The 4th of July is all about the red, white & blue and we are whipping up recipes that celebrate just that!
This pasta salad is incredibly simple, even for the beginners. A simply, tasty pasta salad everyone will love, with some fun twists… like blue pasta and some firecracker sauce (also known as “sriracha”).
Delight the masses with a pasta that will stand out while you celebrate!
- 1 box (454gr) farfalle/bowtie pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, bite sized
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup canned white beans (cannellini or kidney), drained & rinsed
- 1/2 bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup mini sliced chorizo or pepperoni
- Sriracha, to taste
- 10-20+ drops blue food coloring
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Large mixing bowl
- Large ziploc bag
- With your pre-cooked pasta bowties, remove about 1/2 of them, and place into a ziploc bag. Add in about 20 drops of blue food coloring, seal and shake until the color is well distributed.
- Add the blue pasta back into the uncolored "white" pasta, and begin to add the rest of your ingredients - onion, beans, tomatoes, mozzarella, chorizo/pepperoni, italian salad dressing & sriracha sauce.
- Lightly toss until everything is well coated. The dye CAN run if you over-mix, so try to avoid this the best you can.
- Set aside in your refrigerator until you are ready to serve! Garnish with Parmesan cheese, if you choose.
July 4th has been a day of patriotism for American's ever since the Declaration of Independence was adopted back in 1776.
Fourth of July is one of the biggest holidays in America. Every year, friends and families gather together to celebrate American...
So you've volunteered yourself to bring a salad to your Canada Day festivities this weekend. Splendid!
Fourth of July is just a few weeks away and many people have already started their party planning for this festive holiday.
4th of July is just around the bend and our countdown to the big day just wouldn’t be the same without fun and cool party ideas.
In America, July 4th is a popular day for parties and celebrations to show their patriotism to their country.
Are you after a Fourth of July picnic or pot luck dish that will make a bigger impact than the fireworks?
4th of July is one of America’s favorite holidays for many reasons: Great weather, great food and great company are generally...
Get red, white & blown away with these 4th of July mini cheesecakes!
Our spring celebration continues today with 13 amazing pasta dishes using fresh fruits and vegetables that will keep your family...
Years back my Mom taught me the life hack of using store bought pre-made pizza dough for cinnamon rolls.
This is a crisp and crunchy slaw that is infused with Asian flavors, and a little kick of spice from that oh-so-incredible...