When you’re following the Ketogenic diet, there are just some foods you have to cut out in order to stay within the daily carb allowance. While this may sound daunting at first, there are so many food swaps you can make in order to help ease your cravings for carb-heavy meals. And boy, have we got a good one for you!
Keto-dieters, rejoice! We have turned a comfort-food staple and keto-diet “no-no” – lasagna – into a recipe that can easily be added to your weekly keto meal rotation. Plus, this low carb lasagna is perfectly portioned for one person with the use of a mug! So whatever the reason is that you’re dining solo, this recipe will certainly squash those cheesy cravings.
As if that wasn’t enough, this delicious lasagna is made with only 5 ingredients, in under 5 minutes and cooked entirely in the microwave! So what are you waiting for? Whip up this for lunch or dinner today … and every day after that.
- 1/3 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 6-8 tbsp sugar-free marinara (depending on the size of the mug)
- 6-8 tbsp full fat ricotta cheese (depending on the size of the mug)
- 3 tbsp shredded full-fat mozzarella
- Italian seasoning
- Slice the zucchini into paper thin rounds.
- In the mug, add a tablespoon of marinara. Spread evenly until it covers the bottom of the mug.
- Layer on 3-4 zucchini rounds.
- Spread 1 tbsp of ricotta evenly on top.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until the mug is almost full.
- Add one final layer of zucchini. Top with mozzarella.
- Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, depending on the strength of your microwave and the size of mug.
- Remove from microwave and top with Italian seasoning. Serve hot!
Many people are experiencing success on the Ketogenic diet and making swaps in their diet to follow it closely.
Following a new diet on your own can be hard, especially when you don't have a team of support systems at home following the diet...
Fruit cobbler is a delicious, light dessert that is best enjoyed warm, gooey, and straight from the oven!
I'd like to personally thank whoever invented the idea of mug recipes.
These Big Mac Bites are absolutely drool-worthy and the Copycat Big Mac Sauce is spot on - you wouldn't even know it didn't come...
Bailey's Irish Cream anyone? So delicious. But also packed with sugar, which is a definite no-no when you're on the Keto diet.
Whether you’ve been on the Ketogenic diet for a while now or are new to it, you’ve likely struggled with snacks.
What is your biggest challenge when you start a new diet? For me, it's sugar. Forget the deep fried food - I can skip that.
Is anybody else obsessed with Heluva Good Dip? I'm seriously addicted.
Summer is in full swing and what better way to celebrate the warm weather than to dig into delicious food!
Diets can be so hard to follow especially when strong cravings hit.
Barbeque sauce is a summer staple, but it's a hard one to get around if you're on the Keto diet since it's generally packed full...