When you’re following the Ketogenic diet, there are just some foods you have to cut out in order to stay within the daily carb allowance. While this may sound daunting at first, there are so many food swaps you can make in order to help ease your cravings for carb-heavy meals. And boy, have we got a good one for you!
Keto-dieters, rejoice! We have turned a comfort-food staple and keto-diet “no-no” – lasagna – into a recipe that can easily be added to your weekly keto meal rotation. Plus, this low carb lasagna is perfectly portioned for one person with the use of a mug! So whatever the reason is that you’re dining solo, this recipe will certainly squash those cheesy cravings.
As if that wasn’t enough, this delicious lasagna is made with only 5 ingredients, in under 5 minutes and cooked entirely in the microwave! So what are you waiting for? Whip up this for lunch or dinner today … and every day after that.
- 1/3 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 6-8 tbsp sugar-free marinara (depending on the size of the mug)
- 6-8 tbsp full fat ricotta cheese (depending on the size of the mug)
- 3 tbsp shredded full-fat mozzarella
- Italian seasoning
- Slice the zucchini into paper thin rounds.
- In the mug, add a tablespoon of marinara. Spread evenly until it covers the bottom of the mug.
- Layer on 3-4 zucchini rounds.
- Spread 1 tbsp of ricotta evenly on top.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until the mug is almost full.
- Add one final layer of zucchini. Top with mozzarella.
- Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, depending on the strength of your microwave and the size of mug.
- Remove from microwave and top with Italian seasoning. Serve hot!
I'm a bit of a subscription box junkie. Meaning, I've been around the block a few times and had my fair share of these...
Whether you’ve been on the Ketogenic diet for a while now or are new to it, you’ve likely struggled with snacks.
What is your biggest challenge when you start a new diet? For me, it's sugar. Forget the deep fried food - I can skip that.
Following a new diet can be both exciting and daunting and following through with that diet is never easy!
Summer is in full swing and what better way to celebrate the warm weather than to dig into delicious food!
Diets can be so hard to follow especially when strong cravings hit.
Snacks are sneaky foods that can derail our diets, especially when following the keto diet.
Let me start by answering the question I know you're wondering - "Is this dressing good enough that I should actually take the...
Coleslaw might be on the most beloved summer salads in North America. Why you ask? I have no idea.
Chicken wings are a favorite meal for many, whether you're eating out at a restaurant or sitting around the dinner table with your...
These little Cobb Salads on a Stick are all the deliciousness of a loaded cobb salad without the mess or need to sit down to enjoy...
Some may have been lured into the keto diet for weight loss, while others may have been attracted to the idea of indulging in...