Loving your life on the Keto diet, but desperately missing the sweet life? Thankfully, there’s a recipe that doesn’t just give you cake, but lets you eat it too! Huzzah!
This recipe is low-carb by using some smart ingredient swaps such a coconut flour, peanut butter, eggs, coconut oil and some natural Monk fruit sweetener, and some low-carb dark chocolate chips.
The result is a light fluffy cake you just simply microwave to “bake” for a single serving you will be drooling over.
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp natural peanut butter (can substitute for other nut or seed butters)
- 3 tbsps coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp dark or sugar free chocolate chips
- Large Mug (if using a small mug, just cut the recipe in half)
- Place all the ingredients, except chocolate chips into a mug and mix well with a fork.
- Mix in the chocolate chips last, and microwave on HIGH for 4-5 minutes or until firm to the touch and cooked through (can test with a toothpick).
- Let cool (mug will be hot) until ready to handle and enjoy!
Who can resist a warm, rich, chocolatey brownie? Not me! But if you're committed to the Ketogenic diet then you likely have to...
Baking with all-purpose flour is one of the easiest and accessible types of flours to purchase.
Vegan baking sounds tricky - how do you make things delicious, bind well, and come out not being noticeably different?
When on a Ketogenic diet (aka: Keto) you will learn real fast, that eggs are your new best friend.
If you've ever been on a low-carb diet you know real fast that breakfast especially can be a challenge.
Fruit cobbler is a delicious, light dessert that is best enjoyed warm, gooey, and straight from the oven!
There's no denying that jalapeño poppers are a fan-favorite appetizer!
Sheet pan dinners are the answer to all your weekday dinner problems.
If there's one clear message about the Ketogenic diet, it's that you need to avoid carbs...big time.
Trying out the Keto diet? Finding ways to eat enough fat to keep your diet sustainable can be difficult without consuming some...
What many thought would be another fad diet, is showing some major signs of sticking around. Why is that exactly?
By this point you've probably been hearing that buzzword around your neighborhood, family, social media or workplace - "keto".