Loving your life on the Keto diet, but desperately missing the sweet life? Thankfully, there’s a recipe that doesn’t just give you cake, but lets you eat it too! Huzzah!
This recipe is low-carb by using some smart ingredient swaps such a coconut flour, peanut butter, eggs, coconut oil and some natural Monk fruit sweetener, and some low-carb dark chocolate chips.
The result is a light fluffy cake you just simply microwave to “bake” for a single serving you will be drooling over.
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp natural peanut butter (can substitute for other nut or seed butters)
- 3 tbsps coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp dark or sugar free chocolate chips
- Large Mug (if using a small mug, just cut the recipe in half)
- Place all the ingredients, except chocolate chips into a mug and mix well with a fork.
- Mix in the chocolate chips last, and microwave on HIGH for 4-5 minutes or until firm to the touch and cooked through (can test with a toothpick).
- Let cool (mug will be hot) until ready to handle and enjoy!
If there's one clear message about the Ketogenic diet, it's that you need to avoid carbs...big time.
Fruit cobbler is a delicious, light dessert that is best enjoyed warm, gooey, and straight from the oven!
If you've ever been on a low-carb diet you know real fast that breakfast especially can be a challenge.
It's no surprise that chicken breast is such a popular dinner choice for so many families.
Baking with all-purpose flour is one of the easiest and accessible types of flours to purchase.
Who can resist a warm, rich, chocolatey brownie? Not me! But if you're committed to the Ketogenic diet then you likely have to...
Vegan baking sounds tricky - how do you make things delicious, bind well, and come out not being noticeably different?
With a combination this good, we just had to make it!
By simply mixing in avocado into the yolks along with a small amount of...
Growing up I watched my mother hand-make cabbage rolls from scratch.
Are you trying out the Ketogenic diet this summer? It can definitely contribute to losing weight while allowing you to eat a wide...
We get it, carbs are the "bad guys". Giving them up is HARD. Especially when you sacrifice your favorite foods, like sushi!
One-pan dinners are the weeknight's bread and butter of success. They are easy, time saving, dish saving, sanity saving.