Get red, white & blown away with these 4th of July mini cheesecakes!
The easiest tart cheesecakes you’ll ever make, because they’re whipped up in just a few simple ingredients, and served chilled with a patriotic surprise on the inside!
The layers of cheesecakey goodness is all the ‘Merica you’re looking for in a simple dessert that will impress. Watch the delight on your family and friends faces when they bite into one, and discover that you are just soooo patriotic and amazing, and those little tarts will warm their USA-loving hearts.
I mean, how can they not?
- 24 frozen mini tart shells, thawed
- 3 pkgs (blocks) plain cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- Red food dye (use used the gel variety)
- Blue food dye
- Optional - whipped cream
- Optional - Red & Blue sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Separate your mini tarts from each other, and place on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your cream cheese, vanilla & sugar.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Divide the cheesecake batter into thirds, and separate into bowls. Mix one bowl with red food dye, and another with blue food dye, leaving the third bowl plain white. The colors will darken upon baking, but be sure to put enough to make it saturated. NOTE: Red food dye can have an off-putting taste. We recommend a no-taste red food dye gel for more saturation and no bitter taste.
- Taking your thawed tart shells, spoon approx a tablespoon of the blue batter into the bottoms of each shell. Repeat this, using the red batter. Then repeat again with the white batter, smoothing out the top with the back of the spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Cheesecakes may rise and crack, but they will fall back down upon cooling.
- Let cool completely, then top with whipped cream and sprinkles right before serving, if you choose!
The Fourth of July is just around the corner and that means you're probably starting to plan your menu!
Staying on track with your diet during any holiday can be extremely difficult.
Fourth of July is just a few weeks away and many people have already started their party planning for this festive holiday.
Are you after a Fourth of July picnic or pot luck dish that will make a bigger impact than the fireworks?
4th of July is less than a few weeks away and we’re continuing our Forkly countdown to the big day with 9 delicious and easy...
4th of July is one of America’s favorite holidays for many reasons: Great weather, great food and great company are generally...
July 4th has been a day of patriotism for American's ever since the Declaration of Independence was adopted back in 1776.
In America, July 4th is a popular day for parties and celebrations to show their patriotism to their country.
The 4th of July holiday indicates that summer is here. On this patriotic holiday friends and family gather together to play games,...
We fully recognize that pasta should probably never be dyed blue, with one exception - patriotism food!
There are many foods you have to limit or give up when you’re on the ketogenic diet in order to stay within your daily carb...
For many, cheese is one of the hardest foods to give up when you adopt a vegan diet, no matter the reason you've decided to cut...