So you’ve volunteered yourself to bring a salad to your Canada Day festivities this weekend. Splendid! Something cold you can whip up ahead of time! This salad is a classic pasta salad, with a twist. A firecracker twist! And by “firecracker” we mean…just a little kick of spice (thanks to our good friend, sriracha).
This recipe gets Canadian with red & white pasta you dye yourself, and all the fixings too. It’s a delicious addition to your spread, with minimal effort but all the impressive nature you desire when bringing food to a potluck. Let’s be real, it’s like standing in front of a panel of judges made up of your family & friends eating your food. We get it. It’s basically a small scale competition between you and Aunt May.
Make this your year, with a pasta that will have everyone buzzing!
- 1 454g box bowtie (farfalle) pasta - cooked al dente, drained & cooled.
- 1/2 bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, bite sized
- 1/2 cup chorizo sliced (can also use mini pepperoni)
- 1/2 can white beans, drained & rinsed (white kidney or cannelini beans)
- Sriracha sauce, to taste
- 20 drops red food coloring (more or less)
- Large mixing bowl
- Large Ziploc Bag
- With your pre-cooked pasta bowties, remove about 1/2 of them, and place into a ziploc bag. Add in about 20 drops of red food coloring, seal and shake until the color is well distributed.
- Add the red pasta back into the uncolored "white" pasta, and begin to add the rest of your ingredients - onion, beans, tomatoes, mozzarella, chorizo/pepperoni, italian salad dressing & sriracha sauce.
- Lightly toss until everything is well coated. The dye CAN run if you over-mix, so try to avoid this the best you can.
- Set aside in your refrigerator until you are ready to serve! Garnish with parmesan cheese, if you choose.
Canada Day is right around the corner and that means you're probably starting to plan your menu!
Canada Day weekend is almost here and what better way to celebrate it than with poutine!
Oh Canada! From river wide and racing to prairie flat and vast. From rocky shore to soaring city tower—this Tuesday, July 1,...
With Canada Day celebrations on deck this coming Wednesday, July 1, 2015, I decided to take a culinary-inspired road trip across...
Canada Day is coming up and we can't wait to celebrate! But, what makes Canada so special anyway?
The very special and much anticipated Canada Day weekend is approaching and we are starting to plan our parties!
Canada Day is one of the biggest holidays in the country. Every year, friends and families gather together to celebrate Canadian...
As a Canadian, I should be ashamed of myself. I just found out that the beginning of February (the first week, in fact) was La...
A tasty pasta salad made with a gluten-free corn based spaghetti made with fresh summer veggies such as cherry tomatoes, zucchini,...
As a mother of 3, making dinners are often made with the intention of leftovers. Why? Well...lunches the next day!
When the Instant Pot first arrived into your home, you likely did what most of us did...
These baked crispy raviolis are like bite sized pasta casseroles you can serve at a party, or enjoy for dinner.