Garlic bread has long time been a best friend of pasta dinners. The perfect combination of breads, butter and garlic paired with a delicious comforting pasta dish is a dinner of dreams.
But, what if… and I know this sounds crazy, but… what if, you could have both in one dish? Because you freaking CAN!
This recipe is one that when I served it to my kids one said “woah, this pasta tastes like garlic bread!” ate two bowls, and had more in their lunch the next day. So I’m pretty sure we did it right 😉
Serve this unique dish up at your next dinner party, either as a main or a side and you will be so glad you did. So will your dinner guests.
- 1 lb (450g) cavatappi (Scoobi Doo) pasta
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package directions, strain and put in a bowl aside (drizzle in a little bit of olive oil to prevent sticking, if you choose).
- In a large skillet, melt your butter over a medium heat, until the butter begins to brown into a deep amber color. Stir consistently until it reaches this point, as to not burn the butter.
- Reduce the heat to low, and stir in your minced garlic, and continue to cook for a minute.
- Add in breadcrumbs, parsley, italian seasoning and salt & pepper, and mix until everything is blended well.
- Pour your garlic breadcrumb mixture into your cooked pasta, and gently toss until it's coated completely.
- Serve immediately.
So you've volunteered yourself to bring a salad to your Canada Day festivities this weekend. Splendid!
We’ve all been there. You’ve had a long day, and you want a simple dinner idea that isn’t going to leave you in the kitchen...
When the Instant Pot first arrived into your home, you likely did what most of us did...
Forget traditional pasta casseroles! With the noodles standing upright, the sauce and cheese bake down into the pasta making each...
Vegetarian dishes can be boring. It seems that all recipes are made for meat eaters.
Ravioli is a great weeknight meal idea. Not only is it filling and delicious but the leftovers are great for work or dinner the...
New Year's Eve is an exciting celebration! It's a chance to reflect on the previous year, set goals for the new year, and...
I don't know about you, but chili is a common Sunday dinner in my family.
The team at HalfHourMeals.com always gets excited about food holidays, but National Ice Cream Day, on July 20, 2014 has us all...
After all the hours and hard work you put into Thanksgiving dinner, it's eaten within half an hour and you're left with a ton of...
Growing up fast food visits were some of the most exciting dinners my siblings and I looked forward to.
Like the newly popular kitchen gadget, the Instant Pot, the slow cooker still makes the top favorite kitchen gadgets to have.