Whether you’re the one cooking or the one consuming, there is nothing that can top a one pan tray dinner. They’re just so easy to prepare and clean up after, and the flavors meld perfectly across all components of the dish. So yummy! But most sheet pan dinners include meat, which makes us vegans feel a little left out. So we came up with this delicious “mushroom steak” dinner packed full of color and flavor to be enjoyed by everyone – vegan, vegetarian, or otherwise!
This veggie-packed recipe is perfect for the summer months because, with the addition of some liquid smoke, it’s tastes like it just came off the grill (even though it definitely came out of the oven)! Whether it’ll turn into meal-prepped lunches for the week or be served up on your patio or balcony for guests, it’s guaranteed to be a favorite.
Not a vegan? Serving a group of meat-eaters? This one-pan dinner also makes an incredible side dish that can be served up alongside a protein of your choice. Time to head to the grocery store (or local farmers market) and get cookin’!
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus, bottoms removed
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Sugar free steak spice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all vegetables except mushrooms to baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle generously with steak spice. Toss to combine.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine vegan Worcestershire, liquid smoke, and water. Stir.
- Using a sharp knife, score the mushrooms to about 2/3 of their depth using a criss-cross or diamond pattern.
- Baste each mushroom with the Worcestershire mixture, taking extra care to get the marinade deep into the cuts.
- Top each mushroom with steak spice.
- Remove vegetables from oven and add mushrooms to the pan. Return to the oven and continue baking for another 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve warm!
When it comes to eating a burger, there's a level of nostalgia involved and a lot of opinions.
Love it or hate it, Valentine's Day is around the corner. On this holiday, you get a chance to spend it with those you love or to...
Holidays such as Mardi Gras are fun because not only do you get to spend time with friends and family but you get to indulge in...
While I don't love all vegetables, I am definitely up for trying new things (at least once).
A&W Canada is back at it again and is listening loud and clear to the needs and wants of their customers.
The thing about root vegetables is that they often take a lot of time to cook, especially in the oven.
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
Beyond Meat is spreading like wildfire. More and more fast-food chains are hopping on the plant-based bandwagon.
The news everyone has been waiting for is finally here. On September 26, 2019, McDonald's announced they have begun a partnership...