After trying the plant-based diet, my biggest struggle was being able to feed those in my home that are still meat loving humans. A quick adjustment to my cooking habits (and with the help of tin foil diving walls) I began making meals for both.
If you’re reading/watching this recipe and you’re just looking to cook for a plant-based/vegan meal, simply omit the chicken half. Same goes for the meat eaters not interested in tofu, just leave that out of the recipe and double up your chicken portions!
Whether it’s tofu or chicken, this is a protein rich dinner that’s easy to make, prepared in one pan, and served hot and ready for just when you need it. With the fall harvest vegetables like sweet potato, and sprouts and garnished with pecans and cranberries – this is a savory meal you will be craving all season long.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & diced into cubes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced into cubes
- 1/2 pkg of extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 4 cups baby Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 red onion, diced into large chunks
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line your sheet pan with foil, drizzle half your olive oil and place sweet potatoes onto the pan with some salt & pepper. Toss until coated and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven, and carefully make a small dividing wall in the centre of the pan with the foil. Divide all your veggies between both halves. Next, add your tofu to one half, and your chicken to the other. Drizzle with the rest of the olive oil, and add in all your seasonings. Toss, and bake for 20 minutes (or until chicken is completely cooked through).
- Once removed from the oven, add in pecan & dried cranberries. Serve immediately!
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
There's no better way to wind down from a busy day than to catch up on your favorite shows with snacks in hand, amirite?
The 77th annual Golden Globes took place last night, Sunday, January 5th, 2020 and while many had their eyes fixed on the...
Earlier this week Starbucks announced that they're officially offering 2 new non-dairy beverages nationwide.
Coca Cola Company unveiled that they are launching two new zero-sugar products to their Powerade brand.
Silk, America's number 1 plant-based beverage brand has added a brand new product to its dairy-free lineup and you seriously need...
The plant-based diet trend is growing and it shows no signs of stopping!
For some, healthy eating is no easy feat. The secret to being successful is to create a balanced approach that allows you to fill...
Silk, America's number 1 plant-based beverage brand is back with another exciting announcement!
Good news friends, KFC and Beyond Meat are announcing an expanded test of the Beyond Fried Chicken!
Adele, singer-songwriter and multi-Grammy winner has been making headlines for several years, mostly due to her incredible music...
It's no secret that sugar isn't good for you, especially the refined kind we find in sweets.