After trying the plant-based diet, my biggest struggle was being able to feed those in my home that are still meat loving humans. A quick adjustment to my cooking habits (and with the help of tin foil diving walls) I began making meals for both.
If you’re reading/watching this recipe and you’re just looking to cook for a plant-based/vegan meal, simply omit the chicken half. Same goes for the meat eaters not interested in tofu, just leave that out of the recipe and double up your chicken portions!
Whether it’s tofu or chicken, this is a protein rich dinner that’s easy to make, prepared in one pan, and served hot and ready for just when you need it. With the fall harvest vegetables like sweet potato, and sprouts and garnished with pecans and cranberries – this is a savory meal you will be craving all season long.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & diced into cubes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced into cubes
- 1/2 pkg of extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 4 cups baby Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 red onion, diced into large chunks
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line your sheet pan with foil, drizzle half your olive oil and place sweet potatoes onto the pan with some salt & pepper. Toss until coated and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven, and carefully make a small dividing wall in the centre of the pan with the foil. Divide all your veggies between both halves. Next, add your tofu to one half, and your chicken to the other. Drizzle with the rest of the olive oil, and add in all your seasonings. Toss, and bake for 20 minutes (or until chicken is completely cooked through).
- Once removed from the oven, add in pecan & dried cranberries. Serve immediately!
Black Friday is quickly approaching! Along with Thanksgiving prep, many of us are eagerly scouting the flyers and websites for the...
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!
We've all heard it before "be sure to get a good night sleep". But do you know how important that statement really is?
Granola bars are perfect for so many moments: breakfast time; an at-work or school-safe snack; a picnic, playground, or...
Granola is delicious breakfast food, whether it's with yogurt, milk (or non-dairy milk!), or on its own.
Here's the thing, we tend to put a lot of emphasis on what we shouldn't be eating but it's time the foods we really should be...