Oh. My. Gosh. This dinner. Let. Me. Tell. You.
Shrimp is such a delicious lean protein (meaning you can eat lots of them for little calories!) and paired with asparagus, it’s a lemon garlic infusion that is soooo amazing. To top it all off, it’s made completely in a sheet pan. No mixing bowls or extra dishes required. With shrimp being such a quick bake, this recipe is made in only 15 minutes. How’s that for time managing your busy weeknights?
- 1 1/2lbs raw shelled shrimp
- 1 bundle asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed for juice
- Cooked basmati rice (for serving over)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On your sheet pan, lay out your trimmed asparagus and drizzle and toss with a tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Bake the asparagus for about 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Lay out your raw shrimp on the top area of the pan, above the asparagus. Drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil, then season with salt & pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes and parsley, then toss with your hands to coat everything evenly.
- Place sliced lemon wheels over the shrimp and asparagus, then squeeze half a lemon over it as well.
- Place back in the oven and bake for about 5-6 minutes again, or until the shrimp has turned pink and opaque.
- Serve over basmati rice (or alternatively, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or pasta).
Does anyone else have horrible allergies? The kind that makes your nose simultaneously stuffed up and dripping, your eyes watery...
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
While experimenting with the Instant Pot I quickly discovered that it can not only cook a quick and easy weeknight meal but it can...
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!