Oh. My. Gosh. This dinner. Let. Me. Tell. You.
Shrimp is such a delicious lean protein (meaning you can eat lots of them for little calories!) and paired with asparagus, it’s a lemon garlic infusion that is soooo amazing. To top it all off, it’s made completely in a sheet pan. No mixing bowls or extra dishes required. With shrimp being such a quick bake, this recipe is made in only 15 minutes. How’s that for time managing your busy weeknights?
- 1 1/2lbs raw shelled shrimp
- 1 bundle asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed for juice
- Cooked basmati rice (for serving over)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On your sheet pan, lay out your trimmed asparagus and drizzle and toss with a tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Bake the asparagus for about 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Lay out your raw shrimp on the top area of the pan, above the asparagus. Drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil, then season with salt & pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes and parsley, then toss with your hands to coat everything evenly.
- Place sliced lemon wheels over the shrimp and asparagus, then squeeze half a lemon over it as well.
- Place back in the oven and bake for about 5-6 minutes again, or until the shrimp has turned pink and opaque.
- Serve over basmati rice (or alternatively, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or pasta).
Spring has finally sprung and we are all about it. While winter had us craving hearty, comfort food-esque dinners, springtime...
We've been cooking up recipes for a while now, and if there's one thing that we come back to time and time again, in everyday life...
Living a healthy lifestyle doesn't always come easy. There's roadblocks and temptations and meals that are just too convenient to...
Listen, I get it. I'm a working mother of 3 with a love for good, healthy food that I can easily feed my family without having to...
If a deep fried dill pickle and chicken had a baby, this would be it!
Shrimp boils are traditionally a one-pot prepared dinner with the corn, potatoes, sausage and shrimp all boiled together to make a...
Chickpeas are an amazing plant-based protein that is easily seasoned and roasted to create an on-the-go healthy snack!
To be honest, I'm not a big breakfast eater. It's too early for me to have an appetite.
Who is starving after a long day at work and just wants to eat RIGHT NOW?! That would be me.
After trying the plant-based diet, my biggest struggle was being able to feed those in my home that are still meat loving humans.
One-pan dinners are the weeknight's bread and butter of success. They are easy, time saving, dish saving, sanity saving.
When it comes to dinners whether you're a parent or making dinner for yourself, cutting corners on time but not flavor to make an...