Pretty much the easiest way to make chicken fajitas at home while optimizing on flavor and saving you time, dishes and energy! The best part about this recipe is the homemade fajita seasoning, so if you’re looking to make this dish often, just multiply the measurements for however many servings you like, and you’ll be fajita ready (and saving money) in the weeks/months to come! Not much work is needed at all for this, besides some simple chopping, and a bit of mixing. The rest is done in the oven. So, no real cooking skills required here (but don’t tell anyone that, because you’re gonna come off like a pro if you aren’t one). Time to get sizzlin’!
- 1/2 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1.5lbs of chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1 of each - red, yellow, orange, green pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Medium size flour torillas (or corn tortillas for a gluten-free option)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- **optional: Lime wedges, cilantro, sour cream, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, chopped avocado for garnish/toppings
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Spray your sheet pan with your non-stick cooking spray (optionally you can use a non-stick pan, parchment paper or non-stick foil to save on dishes)
- Prepare your homemade fajita seasoning by combining your cumin, paprika, coriander, chili and salt and pepper, set aside.
- Chop all the peppers and onions length-wise to create long strips.
- Slice your chicken breasts into long strips as well, making sure they are all relatively even in size so they cook evenly. Any pieces too thick/wide should be cut in half.
- Place all of the chopped peppers, onion, and chicken strips in a mixing bowl. Add in your minced garlic, fajita seasoning, and drizzle olive oil over. Toss/mix until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture into your sheet pan to create an even layer for cooking.
- Cook for in the preheated oven, tossing once half way through for 20-25 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked throughout).
- Serve immediately in your tortillas, finishing off with whatever toppings you choose.
The Super Bowl 50 countdown is on! The game is set for February 7, 2016, at Levi's Stadium, in Santa Clara, California.
After trying the plant-based diet, my biggest struggle was being able to feed those in my home that are still meat loving humans.
A couple years ago I was discussing with a friend what to make for dinner, and he said he was having "french bread pizza".
These baked crispy raviolis are like bite sized pasta casseroles you can serve at a party, or enjoy for dinner.
It's apple picking season, which means many of us are scrambling to use up all those apples that we may have over-bought while in...
Most of us love to cook a whole well-rounded meal for our friends and family, but the reality is - we often just lack time and...
When it comes to potlucks, there's one classic dish that always seems to make the table, and that's crockpot meatballs.
We've been cooking up recipes for a while now, and if there's one thing that we come back to time and time again, in everyday life...
Vegan or not, this recipe is one for the whole family (trust us). It's so incredibly fun to prepare thanks to the ease of a sheet...
Remember when you first discovered garlic bread, and it felt like there could be no better way to enjoy bread than to have it be...
When a sports game is on, when friends are over, or when you want a cheat day, what food always comes to mind? Chicken wings!
Super Bowl is one of the biggest food events of the year. A Super Bowl party just wouldn't be a Super Bowl party without some kind...