Vegan or not, this recipe is one for the whole family (trust us). It’s so incredibly fun to prepare thanks to the ease of a sheet pan recipe, and the flavors simply explode throughout the whole thing. Cooked together, then served over lettuce, rice or quinoa (your pick) it’s the perfect plant-based health bowl that your body is going to be thanking you for.
In a rainbow of colors from the tofu, broccoli, purple cabbage, carrots & red peppers – you’re serving up a simple recipe that comes together beautifully in a medley of flavors.
Hungry yet? I sure am. Trust us, this one is a must-try.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 14oz package extra firm tofu, drained, pressed and cubed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 head purple cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Salt & Pepper
- Teriyaki Sauce (if not using premade):
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (we used gluten free tamari)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger (powder or paste)
- 1 tbsp sriracha (optional)
- Green onion, sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Non-Stick Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper or Non-Stick Aluminum Foil (if not using a non-stick sheet pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle olive oil over your sheet pan. Begin placing your ingredients in "rows" with your chopped tofu, broccoli florets, sliced purple cabbage, shredded carrot and diced bell peppers, toss gently and top with sprinkle salt & pepper on top. Bake for 35 minutes.
- While it's baking, in a small bowl, mix together water and cornstarch and slur together. Add in soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, ginger and sriracha, and mix well.
- After it's baked fo 35 minutes, remove the sheet pan from the oven and drizzle in your teriyaki sauce. Toss everything gently to coat and place back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- When finished, remove from oven and serve over rice, quinoa or kale and optionally top with green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
It has been shown in recent studies that cheese has addictive traits.
Love it or hate it, Valentine's Day is around the corner. On this holiday, you get a chance to spend it with those you love or to...
Holidays such as Mardi Gras are fun because not only do you get to spend time with friends and family but you get to indulge in...
While I don't love all vegetables, I am definitely up for trying new things (at least once).
A&W Canada is back at it again and is listening loud and clear to the needs and wants of their customers.
The thing about root vegetables is that they often take a lot of time to cook, especially in the oven.
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
Beyond Meat is spreading like wildfire. More and more fast-food chains are hopping on the plant-based bandwagon.
The news everyone has been waiting for is finally here. On September 26, 2019, McDonald's announced they have begun a partnership...