Buddha bowls are all the rage right now, and not just because they’re so instagram-worthy. They offer a completely balanced meal, customized to your liking. With Buddha bowl restaurants popping up everywhere, and taking our lunch time meal plans by storm, we decided to create an easy Buddha bowl recipe, that’s mostly made on a sheet pan. Load up your veggies and roast, then add them to a bed of rice, top with any cold toppings and sauce you’d like! They’re that easy. We went with a Moroccan themed one, on a bed of brown rice, topped with an avocado and simply made tahini sauce. With ingredients like sweet potato, corn, red onions, zucchini and chickpeas – you’re getting a plant-based lunch that’s both vegan and gluten free, but packed with proteins and vitamins. This recipe will make up about 3 bowls, so roasting your veggies on a Sunday, you have lunches for half your week following! It’s the ultimate in meal planning. Enjoying on the go? Pack it into a mason jar, and you’re golden.
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 large red onion, wedge sliced
- 2 zucchini diced
- 1 can kernel corn, drained
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- MOROCCAN SEASONING: 1 tsp of each - cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, turmeric and 1/4 tsp of salt & pepper)
- Avocado halves, sliced & fanned
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (sub for quinoa, white rice, or lettuce)
- TAHINI SAUCE: 1/4 cup tahini, 1 tbsp maple syrup, tbsp lemon juice, 2-4 tbsp hot water to thin
- Sheet Pan
- Bowls for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your diced sweet potatoes in the microwave for 2 minutes to soften before roasting.
- On your sheet pan, lay out the sweet potatoes, onion, corn, zucchini and chickpeas in rows.
- Drizzle the whole pan with olive oil, and sprinkle the veggies with salt & pepper, leaving chickpeas alone. Toss the veggies individually to coat.
- Mix up your Moroccan seasoning, and sprinkle over the chickpeas, tossing to coat.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until veggies are roasted to your liking.
- While the sheet pan bakes, mix up your tahini sauce.
- Remove sheet pan from oven, and spoon the chickpeas & veggies into your bowl with your rice at the bottom.
- Top with avocado & drizzle with tahini sauce before enjoying!
Halloween is an exciting holiday because it's a chance to go all out without judgment.
You've probably been seeing recipes for no-bake snack/energy bites online for a few years now. I know I have!
I love the holidays because it means time spent with those who are important to you.
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
Buckle up Canadian friends because the news we've all been waiting to hear is finally here!
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!