Buddha bowls are all the rage right now, and not just because they’re so instagram-worthy. They offer a completely balanced meal, customized to your liking. With Buddha bowl restaurants popping up everywhere, and taking our lunch time meal plans by storm, we decided to create an easy Buddha bowl recipe, that’s mostly made on a sheet pan. Load up your veggies and roast, then add them to a bed of rice, top with any cold toppings and sauce you’d like! They’re that easy. We went with a Moroccan themed one, on a bed of brown rice, topped with an avocado and simply made tahini sauce. With ingredients like sweet potato, corn, red onions, zucchini and chickpeas – you’re getting a plant-based lunch that’s both vegan and gluten free, but packed with proteins and vitamins. This recipe will make up about 3 bowls, so roasting your veggies on a Sunday, you have lunches for half your week following! It’s the ultimate in meal planning. Enjoying on the go? Pack it into a mason jar, and you’re golden.
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 large red onion, wedge sliced
- 2 zucchini diced
- 1 can kernel corn, drained
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- MOROCCAN SEASONING: 1 tsp of each - cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, turmeric and 1/4 tsp of salt & pepper)
- Avocado halves, sliced & fanned
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (sub for quinoa, white rice, or lettuce)
- TAHINI SAUCE: 1/4 cup tahini, 1 tbsp maple syrup, tbsp lemon juice, 2-4 tbsp hot water to thin
- Sheet Pan
- Bowls for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your diced sweet potatoes in the microwave for 2 minutes to soften before roasting.
- On your sheet pan, lay out the sweet potatoes, onion, corn, zucchini and chickpeas in rows.
- Drizzle the whole pan with olive oil, and sprinkle the veggies with salt & pepper, leaving chickpeas alone. Toss the veggies individually to coat.
- Mix up your Moroccan seasoning, and sprinkle over the chickpeas, tossing to coat.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until veggies are roasted to your liking.
- While the sheet pan bakes, mix up your tahini sauce.
- Remove sheet pan from oven, and spoon the chickpeas & veggies into your bowl with your rice at the bottom.
- Top with avocado & drizzle with tahini sauce before enjoying!
Sheet pan dinners are the answer to all your weekday dinner problems.
Living a healthy lifestyle doesn't always come easy. There's roadblocks and temptations and meals that are just too convenient to...
Pretty much the easiest way to make chicken fajitas at home while optimizing on flavor and saving you time, dishes and energy!
Oh. My. Gosh. This dinner. Let. Me. Tell. You.
Shrimp is such a delicious lean protein (meaning you can eat lots of them for...
A simple chicken parm recipe for even the most inexperienced of chefs.
If a deep fried dill pickle and chicken had a baby, this would be it!
To be honest, I'm not a big breakfast eater. It's too early for me to have an appetite.
Who is starving after a long day at work and just wants to eat RIGHT NOW?! That would be me.
One-pan dinners are the weeknight's bread and butter of success. They are easy, time saving, dish saving, sanity saving.
The days are getting shorter, and the leaves are changing color and we are slowly settling into fall weather.
Shrimp boils are traditionally a one-pot prepared dinner with the corn, potatoes, sausage and shrimp all boiled together to make a...
Most of us love to cook a whole well-rounded meal for our friends and family, but the reality is - we often just lack time and...