Buddha bowls are all the rage right now, and not just because they’re so instagram-worthy. They offer a completely balanced meal, customized to your liking. With Buddha bowl restaurants popping up everywhere, and taking our lunch time meal plans by storm, we decided to create an easy Buddha bowl recipe, that’s mostly made on a sheet pan. Load up your veggies and roast, then add them to a bed of rice, top with any cold toppings and sauce you’d like! They’re that easy. We went with a Moroccan themed one, on a bed of brown rice, topped with an avocado and simply made tahini sauce. With ingredients like sweet potato, corn, red onions, zucchini and chickpeas – you’re getting a plant-based lunch that’s both vegan and gluten free, but packed with proteins and vitamins. This recipe will make up about 3 bowls, so roasting your veggies on a Sunday, you have lunches for half your week following! It’s the ultimate in meal planning. Enjoying on the go? Pack it into a mason jar, and you’re golden.
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 large red onion, wedge sliced
- 2 zucchini diced
- 1 can kernel corn, drained
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- MOROCCAN SEASONING: 1 tsp of each - cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, turmeric and 1/4 tsp of salt & pepper)
- Avocado halves, sliced & fanned
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (sub for quinoa, white rice, or lettuce)
- TAHINI SAUCE: 1/4 cup tahini, 1 tbsp maple syrup, tbsp lemon juice, 2-4 tbsp hot water to thin
- Sheet Pan
- Bowls for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your diced sweet potatoes in the microwave for 2 minutes to soften before roasting.
- On your sheet pan, lay out the sweet potatoes, onion, corn, zucchini and chickpeas in rows.
- Drizzle the whole pan with olive oil, and sprinkle the veggies with salt & pepper, leaving chickpeas alone. Toss the veggies individually to coat.
- Mix up your Moroccan seasoning, and sprinkle over the chickpeas, tossing to coat.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until veggies are roasted to your liking.
- While the sheet pan bakes, mix up your tahini sauce.
- Remove sheet pan from oven, and spoon the chickpeas & veggies into your bowl with your rice at the bottom.
- Top with avocado & drizzle with tahini sauce before enjoying!
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
There's no better way to wind down from a busy day than to catch up on your favorite shows with snacks in hand, amirite?
The 77th annual Golden Globes took place last night, Sunday, January 5th, 2020 and while many had their eyes fixed on the...
Earlier this week Starbucks announced that they're officially offering 2 new non-dairy beverages nationwide.
Coca Cola Company unveiled that they are launching two new zero-sugar products to their Powerade brand.
Silk, America's number 1 plant-based beverage brand has added a brand new product to its dairy-free lineup and you seriously need...
The plant-based diet trend is growing and it shows no signs of stopping!
For some, healthy eating is no easy feat. The secret to being successful is to create a balanced approach that allows you to fill...
Silk, America's number 1 plant-based beverage brand is back with another exciting announcement!
Good news friends, KFC and Beyond Meat are announcing an expanded test of the Beyond Fried Chicken!
Adele, singer-songwriter and multi-Grammy winner has been making headlines for several years, mostly due to her incredible music...
It's no secret that sugar isn't good for you, especially the refined kind we find in sweets.