Chickpeas are an amazing plant-based protein that is easily seasoned and roasted to create an on-the-go healthy snack! The best part is – you can completely customize the flavors, too! From spicy to sweet, to tangy and sour, there’s oh-so many ways to make these. I’m one of those people that likes all the things, and rarely will enjoy just one flavor alone…I need to have options. A perfect solution to that, is to make them 4 different ways, all at once. Using a simple tin-foil hack…you can divide the one pan into 4, then flavor accordingly! We made Tex Mex, Sriracha, Classic S&P, and a Cinnamon & Sugar variety. Stored in mason jars, these are getting eaten by the handful! Easy Chickpeasy!
- 3 cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- TEX MEX: 1 tsp each: chili, cumin, 1/2 tsp each: paprika, onion & garlic powder, lime juice
- SRIRACHA: 2-3 tbsp sriracha sauce
- SALT & PEPPER: 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper
- CINNAMON & SUGAR: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your foil over your sheet pan, with extra length on the ends. Fold up 3 dividing walls/borders, making 4 even sections on the pan.
- Divide your chickpeas evenly into the 4 sections on the pan.
- On the first 3 sections, drizzle olive oil. On the last section, drizzle melted coconut oil.
- Begin seasoning each chickpea flavor individually. For the tex mex - add your chili, cumin, paprika, onion & garlic powder and a squirt of lime juice. For sriracha, simply drizzle over the section. For salt & pepper, sprinkle salt & pepper. For cinnamon & sugar, sprinkle cinnamon & sugar.
- Hand toss each, washing hands between each flavor as to not mix.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes. If the chickpeas aren't crisp to your liking yet, continue cooking until they are. Some may pop, this is normal and just means they're extra crunchy!
- Serve immediately, or store in mason jars or ziploc bags for later!
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
There's no better way to wind down from a busy day than to catch up on your favorite shows with snacks in hand, amirite?
The 77th annual Golden Globes took place last night, Sunday, January 5th, 2020 and while many had their eyes fixed on the...
Earlier this week Starbucks announced that they're officially offering 2 new non-dairy beverages nationwide.
Coca Cola Company unveiled that they are launching two new zero-sugar products to their Powerade brand.
Silk, America's number 1 plant-based beverage brand has added a brand new product to its dairy-free lineup and you seriously need...
The plant-based diet trend is growing and it shows no signs of stopping!
For some, healthy eating is no easy feat. The secret to being successful is to create a balanced approach that allows you to fill...
Silk, America's number 1 plant-based beverage brand is back with another exciting announcement!
Good news friends, KFC and Beyond Meat are announcing an expanded test of the Beyond Fried Chicken!
Adele, singer-songwriter and multi-Grammy winner has been making headlines for several years, mostly due to her incredible music...
It's no secret that sugar isn't good for you, especially the refined kind we find in sweets.