Chickpeas are an amazing plant-based protein that is easily seasoned and roasted to create an on-the-go healthy snack! The best part is – you can completely customize the flavors, too! From spicy to sweet, to tangy and sour, there’s oh-so many ways to make these. I’m one of those people that likes all the things, and rarely will enjoy just one flavor alone…I need to have options. A perfect solution to that, is to make them 4 different ways, all at once. Using a simple tin-foil hack…you can divide the one pan into 4, then flavor accordingly! We made Tex Mex, Sriracha, Classic S&P, and a Cinnamon & Sugar variety. Stored in mason jars, these are getting eaten by the handful! Easy Chickpeasy!
- 3 cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- TEX MEX: 1 tsp each: chili, cumin, 1/2 tsp each: paprika, onion & garlic powder, lime juice
- SRIRACHA: 2-3 tbsp sriracha sauce
- SALT & PEPPER: 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper
- CINNAMON & SUGAR: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your foil over your sheet pan, with extra length on the ends. Fold up 3 dividing walls/borders, making 4 even sections on the pan.
- Divide your chickpeas evenly into the 4 sections on the pan.
- On the first 3 sections, drizzle olive oil. On the last section, drizzle melted coconut oil.
- Begin seasoning each chickpea flavor individually. For the tex mex - add your chili, cumin, paprika, onion & garlic powder and a squirt of lime juice. For sriracha, simply drizzle over the section. For salt & pepper, sprinkle salt & pepper. For cinnamon & sugar, sprinkle cinnamon & sugar.
- Hand toss each, washing hands between each flavor as to not mix.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes. If the chickpeas aren't crisp to your liking yet, continue cooking until they are. Some may pop, this is normal and just means they're extra crunchy!
- Serve immediately, or store in mason jars or ziploc bags for later!
Spring has finally sprung and we are all about it. While winter had us craving hearty, comfort food-esque dinners, springtime...
Vegan or not, this recipe is one for the whole family (trust us). It's so incredibly fun to prepare thanks to the ease of a sheet...
We've been cooking up recipes for a while now, and if there's one thing that we come back to time and time again, in everyday life...
Pretty much the easiest way to make chicken fajitas at home while optimizing on flavor and saving you time, dishes and energy!
Listen, I get it. I'm a working mother of 3 with a love for good, healthy food that I can easily feed my family without having to...
A simple chicken parm recipe for even the most inexperienced of chefs.
Shrimp boils are traditionally a one-pot prepared dinner with the corn, potatoes, sausage and shrimp all boiled together to make a...
Buddha bowls are all the rage right now, and not just because they're so instagram-worthy.
To be honest, I'm not a big breakfast eater. It's too early for me to have an appetite.
Oh. My. Gosh. This dinner. Let. Me. Tell. You.
Shrimp is such a delicious lean protein (meaning you can eat lots of them for...
After trying the plant-based diet, my biggest struggle was being able to feed those in my home that are still meat loving humans.
One-pan dinners are the weeknight's bread and butter of success. They are easy, time saving, dish saving, sanity saving.