Listen, I get it. I’m a working mother of 3 with a love for good, healthy food that I can easily feed my family without having to spend the entire night in the kitchen preparing it and then spending additional time doing the dishes. No thank you. So, one-pan dinners are. my. jam. A fact I have stated before, but always bears repeating. I will not succumb to take out, boxed dinners, or microwaved meals (at least not every night). My budget can’t afford it, my family’s health and well-being shouldn’t be the give in a crammed schedule. So for us, this is the kind of thing that works. With a zesty balsamic marinade for the chicken along with a vegetable medley this recipe is quickly created, cooked and served with only a single dish to wash when you’re done serving it. Plate it over rice or quinoa, or enjoy on it’s own. This is a lean mean chicken dinner that is most definitely a winner (frig, I’m sorry…I’m a sucker for that saying…just let me get it out of my system “winner winner chicken dinner!” phew, all good. Now onto the recipe…)
- 4 chicken breasts (approx 1.25lbs)
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup fat free Italian salad dressing
- 1 head of broccoli, stalks removed and chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Non-Stick Baking Sheet (or parchment lined)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. If not using a non stick pan, line with non-stick foil or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar and Italian dressing (we used a fat-free variety, but use whatever you have on hand).
- Add your chicken and veggies to the mix and toss until everything is well coated in the marinade. Optionally, you can set aside for 30 minutes to give it more flavor, but if you're short on time, don't worry about it!
- Place the chicken on the pan first, then surround it with the vegetables and drizzle any extra marinade over everything.
- Roast in your pre-heated oven for 20-30 minutes. Double check to make sure the chicken breast is fully cooked, if not, continue roasting for 5 minutes at a time.
- Serve over rice or quinoa, or on it's own!
Smoothies are an awesome healthy addition to your daily diet and meal plan, especially for those on-the-go mornings.
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!
We've all heard it before "be sure to get a good night sleep". But do you know how important that statement really is?
Rice is a staple in most people’s homes, including mine! It’s filling and the perfect complement to so many dishes, from meat...
Granola is delicious breakfast food, whether it's with yogurt, milk (or non-dairy milk!), or on its own.
Here's the thing, we tend to put a lot of emphasis on what we shouldn't be eating but it's time the foods we really should be...
Being comfortable in your body is essential to living a happy life.
The paleolithic diet, also known as the paleo diet, the caveman diet, or the stone-age diet is a meal plan that predominately...
Weight Watchers has reinvented itself over the years and because of that, it is becoming more popular now than ever.