Most of us love to cook a whole well-rounded meal for our friends and family, but the reality is – we often just lack time and energy to pull it all off, repeatedly. Making a dinner for the whole family can be quite the draining task, especially when it’s something you must accomplish daily. Finding new recipes and ways to prepare them that cuts down on the need to “babysit” the food you’re preparing, is key. This gives you more time to do homework with the kids, run a load of laundry, or my personal favorite: sit down with a glass of wine and relax while the food cooks.
Sheet pan dinners are a common thing in our home. Being able to prepare the main and the sides all on one pan works out to minimal dishes, and maximum flavor! This dish brings all the amazing flavors of Greek food onto one pan, melding the flavors together in a way that will make this recipe one to remember (and pin of course, for next time!).
This recipe takes the inexpensive chicken thighs, combined with more inexpensive ingredients for a meal that rounds up to around $10 and serves at least 4! Beat that, take-out.
So stop stressing over what to make for dinner tonite, and try this recipe out for yourself!
- 6 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon, halved (1/2 for juice, 1/2 sliced)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil, for pan drizzle
- 4 cups mini potatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp capers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, place your chicken and begin adding marinade ingredients (1/2 cup olive oil, oregano, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, 1/2 lemon juice, salt & pepper). Toss to coat. Set aside.
- Drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil onto your sheet pan and add your potatoes, sliced garlic and toss gently to coat.
- Space out the potatoes and garlic to make room for the chicken, then add the chicken skin side up onto the pan, topping each with a slice of lemon.
- Bake for 30 minutes turning the potatoes once, halfway through.
- Remove from oven, and top with sliced red onions, capers and feta. Continue baking for 5 minutes.
- Check to see if the chicken is cooked through (no pink, juices run clear) and then return to the oven, and broil for an additional 5 minutes or until everything is browned to your liking.
- Let cool slightly before serving, then enjoy!