An Indian inspired chana masala that will warm you to the bones and allow you to cook the entire dish all in the Instant Pot. This recipe is a healthy and satisfying and easy to put together with things you probably already have in the cupboard! There’s nothing quite like a recipe that comes together like that.
Want New Instant Pot Recipes and Content Delivered Straight To Your Inbox? Sign up for our Instant Pot Email Newsletter!
If you’re looking for something new to try in the Instant Pot, or perhaps cooking a dinner for those with special dietary needs, this recipe may be the perfect one for you. It’s completely dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan, yet full of flavor and proteins that will make everyone pleased.
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, pureed or grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chana masala seasoning
- 2 cups baby spinach
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cilantro, optional garnish
- With the Instant Pot on saute mode, let it heat up for a few minutes before adding your olive oil, and onions. Cook until translucent.
- Next add the ginger, garlic and bay leaf and cook for 30 seconds. Add in turmeric, coriander and chana masala seasoning along with a splash of water to keep from burning.
- Add in tomato puree, chickpeas and water and mix well.
- Lid the Instant Pot and set to MANUAL HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes. Set the steam valve to "seal".
- When the timer goes off, DO NOT MOVE THE SEAL VALVE, instead let it sit for about another 15 minutes for a natural release of pressure. This process is finished when the indicator button drops down. Then, open the seal valve to release any additional pressure before removing the lid.
- Remove the lid, and remove the bay leaf. Add in spinach and salt & pepper and saute again for about 3 minutes to thicken up the sauce.
- Turn off the Instant Pot, and serve alongside basmati rice or on it's own. Enjoy!
Grab an Instant Pot here 👉 Buy it: https://amzn.to/2qYcwnP
PHOTOS BY: AMAZON
Forkly.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Forkly.com
You can never go wrong with a delicious rice dish. After all, almost everyone has some type of rice on hand.
Leisurely weekends are my favorite because it's a chance to unwind and relax.
Roast beef is one of those meals that's an oldie but a goodie. If you have company coming over for supper - it doesn't matter who...
Is there anything better than biting into a warm gooey piece of banana bread? I don't think so.
Nothing quite compares to a slow roasted, rotisserie chicken, but really, who has the time for that?!
Often, the main entree steals the spotlight but the sides are what really complete a meal.
Get ready friends, it's time to enjoy some delicious takeout made at home!
Breakfast is often the most rushed meal of the day. Sure, lunch is eaten while at your work desk and supper may be thrown...
You've spoken and we heard you! Quick and easy Instant Pot weeknight meals that can feed the whole family are top of mind.
Let Mom put her feet up this Mother's Day while you prepare her some delicious food.
The 4th of July holiday indicates that summer is here. On this patriotic holiday friends and family gather together to play games,...
We've been told time and time again that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day.