An Indian inspired chana masala that will warm you to the bones and allow you to cook the entire dish all in the Instant Pot. This recipe is a healthy and satisfying and easy to put together with things you probably already have in the cupboard! There’s nothing quite like a recipe that comes together like that.
Want New Instant Pot Recipes and Content Delivered Straight To Your Inbox? Sign up for our Instant Pot Email Newsletter!
If you’re looking for something new to try in the Instant Pot, or perhaps cooking a dinner for those with special dietary needs, this recipe may be the perfect one for you. It’s completely dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan, yet full of flavor and proteins that will make everyone pleased.
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, pureed or grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chana masala seasoning
- 2 cups baby spinach
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cilantro, optional garnish
- With the Instant Pot on saute mode, let it heat up for a few minutes before adding your olive oil, and onions. Cook until translucent.
- Next add the ginger, garlic and bay leaf and cook for 30 seconds. Add in turmeric, coriander and chana masala seasoning along with a splash of water to keep from burning.
- Add in tomato puree, chickpeas and water and mix well.
- Lid the Instant Pot and set to MANUAL HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes. Set the steam valve to "seal".
- When the timer goes off, DO NOT MOVE THE SEAL VALVE, instead let it sit for about another 15 minutes for a natural release of pressure. This process is finished when the indicator button drops down. Then, open the seal valve to release any additional pressure before removing the lid.
- Remove the lid, and remove the bay leaf. Add in spinach and salt & pepper and saute again for about 3 minutes to thicken up the sauce.
- Turn off the Instant Pot, and serve alongside basmati rice or on it's own. Enjoy!
Grab an Instant Pot here 👉 Buy it: https://amzn.to/2qYcwnP
PHOTOS BY: AMAZON
Forkly.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Forkly.com
Jambalaya is a family favorite to many, regardless of whether or not you have roots in New Orleans!
If there's one type of food we can all get on board with, it's Mexican food!
Buckle up, friends. This recipe is over the top, reach for a third one, I can't believe I made these at home delicious.
There is no comfort food quite like lasagna and I'm not talking about the frozen version picked up from the grocery store when...
What's better than breakfast? Brunch! Combining lunch and breakfast is such a brilliant idea and allows us to feast on an array...
How many times have you pulled out your butternut squash just before supper and realized you don't have enough time to cook it...
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
While experimenting with the Instant Pot I quickly discovered that it can not only cook a quick and easy weeknight meal but it can...
Taco Tuesday is one of my favorite nights of the week! It turns dinner time into a fiesta and it's something exciting for...
If you're like me, odds are you've jumped onto the Instant Pot bandwagon!
Do you love drool-worthy casseroles? Then get ready for a true treat!
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...