An Indian inspired chana masala that will warm you to the bones and allow you to cook the entire dish all in the Instant Pot. This recipe is a healthy and satisfying and easy to put together with things you probably already have in the cupboard! There’s nothing quite like a recipe that comes together like that.
Want New Instant Pot Recipes and Content Delivered Straight To Your Inbox? Sign up for our Instant Pot Email Newsletter!
If you’re looking for something new to try in the Instant Pot, or perhaps cooking a dinner for those with special dietary needs, this recipe may be the perfect one for you. It’s completely dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan, yet full of flavor and proteins that will make everyone pleased.
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, pureed or grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chana masala seasoning
- 2 cups baby spinach
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cilantro, optional garnish
- With the Instant Pot on saute mode, let it heat up for a few minutes before adding your olive oil, and onions. Cook until translucent.
- Next add the ginger, garlic and bay leaf and cook for 30 seconds. Add in turmeric, coriander and chana masala seasoning along with a splash of water to keep from burning.
- Add in tomato puree, chickpeas and water and mix well.
- Lid the Instant Pot and set to MANUAL HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes. Set the steam valve to "seal".
- When the timer goes off, DO NOT MOVE THE SEAL VALVE, instead let it sit for about another 15 minutes for a natural release of pressure. This process is finished when the indicator button drops down. Then, open the seal valve to release any additional pressure before removing the lid.
- Remove the lid, and remove the bay leaf. Add in spinach and salt & pepper and saute again for about 3 minutes to thicken up the sauce.
- Turn off the Instant Pot, and serve alongside basmati rice or on it's own. Enjoy!
Grab an Instant Pot here 👉 Buy it: https://amzn.to/2qYcwnP
PHOTOS BY: AMAZON
Forkly.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Forkly.com
If you're new to tempeh, it can be a confusing protein source to decide to cook with.
There are copious amounts of recipes for the Instant Pot that are swimming around the internet these days.
I have to say, the holidays are my favorite time of year. There's something so exciting about all the twinkle lights, decorations...
For those who follow a vegan diet understand the struggle of attending a holiday dinner with non-vegans.
The holidays are the busiest time of year! There are countless Christmas parties, dinners, family gatherings, and potlucks.
My favorite thing about the holidays is time spent with family, however, my second favorite thing has to be the delicious food!
Love it or hate it, Valentine's Day is around the corner. On this holiday, you get a chance to spend it with those you love or to...
Holidays such as Mardi Gras are fun because not only do you get to spend time with friends and family but you get to indulge in...
Shrove Tuesday is when pancakes are traditionally eaten, also known as Pancake Tuesday!
While I don't love all vegetables, I am definitely up for trying new things (at least once).
The thing about root vegetables is that they often take a lot of time to cook, especially in the oven.
When you follow a restrictive diet, the hardest part about any holiday can be the food options.