Jambalaya is a family favorite to many, regardless of whether or not you have roots in New Orleans! We wanted to bring this quick and easy Jambalaya recipe to you, which cuts down the cook time but not the flavor we all know and love.
Normally Jambalaya takes close to an hour to make. Yikes! I don’t know about you, but I normally don’t have the time or energy for a recipe that takes longer than 30 minutes, otherwise, we risk a weeknight pizza delivery slip-up. Instead, I pulled out my trusty Instant Pot and whipped up this mouth-watering dish in about 20 minutes. If you like it quite spicy, feel free to up the Cajun seasoning and even add some diced jalapeños, but this recipe is flavorful enough for the whole family. No matter what you choose, this dish will transport you straight to the French Quarter.
Want New Instant Pot Recipes and Content Delivered Straight To Your Inbox? Sign up for our Instant Pot Email Newsletter!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz. Andouille or Chorizo sausage, 1/2 inch slices
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, tails removed
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Rub shrimp with 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning and set aside.
- Press the "Sauté" function on your Instant Pot and add oil.
- Add chicken to the Instant Pot and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add sausage and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté for another minute.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, celery, and garlic, stirring until the onions soften.
- Turn the "Sauté" function off.
- Add the thyme, Cajun seasoning, salt, and rice, stirring to coat.
- Mix in the tomatoes, Worcestershire, broth, and bay leaves.
- Cook on "Manual" for 7 minutes, making sure the steam release valve is sealed.
- Do a Quick Release and serve hot!
PHOTOS BY: AMAZON
Forkly.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Forkly.com
Holidays such as Mardi Gras are fun because not only do you get to spend time with friends and family but you get to indulge in...
I love Easter because it's the first holiday that really signifies that spring is here!
Is there anything better than biting into a warm gooey piece of banana bread? I don't think so.
Often, the main entree steals the spotlight but the sides are what really complete a meal.
Freezing leftovers is a great way to ensure food doesn't go to waste. It's also a great way to be prepared for busy weeknights!
Get ready friends, it's time to enjoy some delicious takeout made at home!
You've spoken and we heard you! Quick and easy Instant Pot weeknight meals that can feed the whole family are top of mind.
Let Mom put her feet up this Mother's Day while you prepare her some delicious food.
You know it's going to be a good time when there's good food, right? Appetizers are the best way to start off any party.
The 4th of July holiday indicates that summer is here. On this patriotic holiday friends and family gather together to play games,...
Mexican food is my absolute favorite type of cuisine. It's flavorful, quick to make, and a crowd-pleaser at my house!
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!