Jambalaya is a family favorite to many, regardless of whether or not you have roots in New Orleans! We wanted to bring this quick and easy Jambalaya recipe to you, which cuts down the cook time but not the flavor we all know and love.
Normally Jambalaya takes close to an hour to make. Yikes! I don’t know about you, but I normally don’t have the time or energy for a recipe that takes longer than 30 minutes, otherwise, we risk a weeknight pizza delivery slip-up. Instead, I pulled out my trusty Instant Pot and whipped up this mouth-watering dish in about 20 minutes. If you like it quite spicy, feel free to up the Cajun seasoning and even add some diced jalapeños, but this recipe is flavorful enough for the whole family. No matter what you choose, this dish will transport you straight to the French Quarter.
Want New Instant Pot Recipes and Content Delivered Straight To Your Inbox? Sign up for our Instant Pot Email Newsletter!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz. Andouille or Chorizo sausage, 1/2 inch slices
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, tails removed
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Rub shrimp with 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning and set aside.
- Press the "Sauté" function on your Instant Pot and add oil.
- Add chicken to the Instant Pot and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add sausage and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté for another minute.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, celery, and garlic, stirring until the onions soften.
- Turn the "Sauté" function off.
- Add the thyme, Cajun seasoning, salt, and rice, stirring to coat.
- Mix in the tomatoes, Worcestershire, broth, and bay leaves.
- Cook on "Manual" for 7 minutes, making sure the steam release valve is sealed.
- Do a Quick Release and serve hot!
PHOTOS BY: AMAZON
Forkly.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Forkly.com
There's nothing quite like a bowl of chili on a cold, dreary day. It warms you up from the inside out and you can batch cook it,...
Growing up I watched my mother hand-make cabbage rolls from scratch.
An Indian inspired chana masala that will warm you to the bones and allow you to cook the entire dish all in the Instant Pot.
The Instant Pot is the most sought after kitchen gadget right now, and for good reason!
Can't make it to New Orleans for Mardi Gras this year? Don't worry, Forkly has you covered!
Mardi Gras isn't just a celebration for adults, kids love it too! This fun event is full of color, sparkle, and exuberance.
Who's ready to celebrate Mardi Gras this year? We are! There are a lot of elements that make up a good Mardi Gras party and drinks...
Shrove Tuesday, or more famously Pancake Day or Fat Tuesday, takes its name from the term “shrive”, which means “to...
Mardi Gras is a fun celebration, celebrating all the rich foods before Lent. Many different countries celebrate Mardi Gras.
Whether you own an Instant Pot or you're researching while looking to buy one, there's so much about them that you may not know!
When the Instant Pot first arrived into your home, you likely did what most of us did...
Quick and easy dinners are often a goal for so many, but that doesn't always mean it's healthy, too.