Growing up I watched my mother hand-make cabbage rolls from scratch. Certainly something with a lot of steps, a lot of love and a lot of time dedicated to making them. Over the years that recipe evolved to something a little more simpler – like a cabbage roll soup.
With the Instant Pot in everyone’s cupboards and in everyone’s minds, it made sense to create a recipe that worked in this popular new kitchen gadget. Except, we’re adding one more twist, and making is also LOW-CARB since so many are trying to enjoy their favorite comfort foods on the Keto diet (low carb, high fat Ketogenic Diet).
Want New Instant Pot Recipes and Content Delivered Straight To Your Inbox? Sign up for our Instant Pot Email Newsletter!
This recipe took minimal prep, minimal time, and still filled with lots of love. The reviews on it were great, and we served up many bowls of it to happy co-workers.
This recipe is just enough nostalgic, with new-age twists to keep you making it again and again.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 lbs medium ground beef
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups cauliflower rice (we used frozen, then thawed variety)
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 large cabbage, sliced (approx 7-8 cups)
- Top with sour cream for serving, optional.
- Turn Instant Pot on to "saute" and let warm up for a few minutes before adding garlic, then onions and shallots - cooking until softened.
- Add ground beef and saute until browned and no longer pink.
- Next, add the seasonings and marinara sauce, mixing well.
- Add cauliflower rice, and beef broth to the mixture, stirring to combine.
- Finally, add the cabbage. This will make your Instant Pot quite full, so be sure to stir it gently before adding the lid onto it.
- After lidding, set to seal and put the Instant Pot on MANUAL for 20 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, vent the seal for a "quick release" until the indicator knob drops down, showing it safe to remove the lid.
- Stir well, and serve.
Grab an Instant Pot here 👉 Buy it: https://amzn.to/2qYcwnP
PHOTOS BY: AMAZON
Forkly.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Forkly.com
A ketogenic diet is all about ensuring your meals are low carb, high fat and contain moderate protein.
If there's one type of food we can all get on board with, it's Mexican food!
While I don't love all vegetables, I am definitely up for trying new things (at least once).
There are only a few scents that give me a feeling of nostalgia. One of those smells is chicken pot pie.
It's a Tuesday afternoon, I've just finished work. I hop in my car and start the half hour drive home to my family.
The Instant Pot is the most sought after kitchen gadget right now, and for good reason!
If you don't have an Instant Pot by now, you're probably sitting there contemplating is it really worth it.
Are you starting your Christmas shopping? Or perhaps you're trying to compose your own wish list.
There are copious amounts of recipes for the Instant Pot that are swimming around the internet these days.
Hard boiling eggs, as simple as they seem, tend to be something you figure out and then you never mess with.
When it comes to making mashed potatoes, one word may enter your mind..."tedious".
There's nothing quite like a bowl of chili on a cold, dreary day. It warms you up from the inside out and you can batch cook it,...