Growing up I watched my mother hand-make cabbage rolls from scratch. Certainly something with a lot of steps, a lot of love and a lot of time dedicated to making them. Over the years that recipe evolved to something a little more simpler – like a cabbage roll soup.
With the Instant Pot in everyone’s cupboards and in everyone’s minds, it made sense to create a recipe that worked in this popular new kitchen gadget. Except, we’re adding one more twist, and making is also LOW-CARB since so many are trying to enjoy their favorite comfort foods on the Keto diet (low carb, high fat Ketogenic Diet).
Want New Instant Pot Recipes and Content Delivered Straight To Your Inbox? Sign up for our Instant Pot Email Newsletter!
This recipe took minimal prep, minimal time, and still filled with lots of love. The reviews on it were great, and we served up many bowls of it to happy co-workers.
This recipe is just enough nostalgic, with new-age twists to keep you making it again and again.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 lbs medium ground beef
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups cauliflower rice (we used frozen, then thawed variety)
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 large cabbage, sliced (approx 7-8 cups)
- Top with sour cream for serving, optional.
- Turn Instant Pot on to "saute" and let warm up for a few minutes before adding garlic, then onions and shallots - cooking until softened.
- Add ground beef and saute until browned and no longer pink.
- Next, add the seasonings and marinara sauce, mixing well.
- Add cauliflower rice, and beef broth to the mixture, stirring to combine.
- Finally, add the cabbage. This will make your Instant Pot quite full, so be sure to stir it gently before adding the lid onto it.
- After lidding, set to seal and put the Instant Pot on MANUAL for 20 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, vent the seal for a "quick release" until the indicator knob drops down, showing it safe to remove the lid.
- Stir well, and serve.
Grab an Instant Pot here 👉 Buy it: https://amzn.to/2qYcwnP
PHOTOS BY: AMAZON
Forkly.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Forkly.com
The Instant Pot is the most sought after kitchen gadget right now, and for good reason!
When it comes to making mashed potatoes, one word may enter your mind..."tedious".
When the Instant Pot first arrived into your home, you likely did what most of us did...
Quick and easy dinners are often a goal for so many, but that doesn't always mean it's healthy, too.
With the growing popularity of the Instant Pot, more and more creative recipes are arising - but it's not just for meal planning,...
Did you hear about the Instant Pot over the holidays? Of course, you did.
An Indian inspired chana masala that will warm you to the bones and allow you to cook the entire dish all in the Instant Pot.
Whether you own an Instant Pot or you're researching while looking to buy one, there's so much about them that you may not know!
Jambalaya is a family favorite to many, regardless of whether or not you have roots in New Orleans!
If you don't have an Instant Pot by now, you're probably sitting there contemplating is it really worth it.
Are you starting your Christmas shopping? Or perhaps you're trying to compose your own wish list.
There are copious amounts of recipes for the Instant Pot that are swimming around the internet these days.