To be honest, I’m not a big breakfast eater. It’s too early for me to have an appetite. I like to slow sip on coffee (ok just kidding…I totally chug it in under 3 minutes) and ease into meals for the day. So brunch, yeah! Brunch is bomb. Plus there’s no real rules with brunch, it can be fruity and sweet, or savory and wholesome. Brunch is an invitation to all foods, in the middle of the freaking morning or, just anytime before noon. This recipe is so perfect for us ease-into-the-morning coffee sippers, that still love to feed a family or host a mid-morning meal. Using just one sheet pan, you can cook up a whole healthy hash made of sweet potatoes, corn, beans, zucchini and onion and roast them together before you crack eggs right into the pan and bake again. This is the brunch life hack we’ve all been looking for. Who likes tending stove top pans all morning, anyhow? Not to mention, the eggs can be cooked to your liking! Prefer a scramble? Scramble them first before you pour. Like them more well done? Just add a few more minutes to the cook time. Like them runny with yolk like I do? Well then…sunny side up it is, dip away!
- Cooking Spray
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 zucchinis, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 large eggs
- First set your oven temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, dice all your veggies and arrange alongside the beans and corn on your sheet pan, it should be very full!
- Drizzle your veggies with olive oil, then sprinkle sauces and garlic on top, and mix with your hands in the pan.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are softened.
- Remove from oven, and with a spatula - create 6 wells in the veggies. Crack the eggs into the wells, and return to the oven.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or longer, depending on how well done you like your eggs. Keep in mind, the eggs will continue to cook after you've removed them from the oven. If you like a runny yolk, remove them when the egg whites are fully cooked, and serve immediately.
- Using a spatula, carefully scoop out the eggs and veggies and serve! Pairs really well with avocado, just sayin'.
Does anyone else have horrible allergies? The kind that makes your nose simultaneously stuffed up and dripping, your eyes watery...
Bone broth is all the rage nowadays with health professionals proclaiming the benefits and people (and companies looking to...
While experimenting with the Instant Pot I quickly discovered that it can not only cook a quick and easy weeknight meal but it can...
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Kids can be picky eaters and when it comes to the snacking department they often beg for the most unhealthy choices!
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Bloating happens when the stomach becomes swollen after eating and that feeling is never a fun experience.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!