A couple years ago I was discussing with a friend what to make for dinner, and he said he was having “french bread pizza”. Ok…well, what the heck is that exactly? When he explained to me that it’s simply a french bread halved, and used as the base for pizza…I was pretty blown away. Why was this ridiculously easy way to make a dinner, not part of my life?
So off to the grocery store I went, for a $2 loaf of bread. That night, the kids and I designed their own pizzas and baked them in the oven for a meal that was a HUGE HIT in less than 30 minutes.
Listen, we aren’t all world class chefs here. A lot of us are just amateurs trying to get a decent meal on the table. This is an impressive homemade pizza that serves up so well, customizable, and incredibly cheap.
Just wins after wins, folks. Pizza wins…even better.
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1/4 cup Garlic Butter, melted (can sub for regular butter, or omit completely)
- Pizza Sauce
- 2-3 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Pizza toppings (we used pepperoni and fresh oregano)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully cut your french bread loaf in half, length wise and place open faced.
- Brush the open face of the bread with melted garlic butter until lightly coated (not soaked). You can skip this step if you'd prefer, or substitute for plain butter/margarine.
- Next, spread pizza sauce with the back of a spoon to the edges of the bread.
- Top with cheese, and additional toppings (time to customize!).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown, or to your liking.
- Remove from oven, and cut into serving size slices. Enjoy!
These baked crispy raviolis are like bite sized pasta casseroles you can serve at a party, or enjoy for dinner.
Years back my Mom taught me the life hack of using store bought pre-made pizza dough for cinnamon rolls.
As a mother of 3, making dinners are often made with the intention of leftovers. Why? Well...lunches the next day!
Earlier this week, we provided you with 30 amazing Super Bowl party appetizer ideas to help you prepare for the big game.
Super Bowl Sunday is just a few weeks away: Are you ready for the big game?
Are you ready for Super Bowl Sunday? If you're looking for food ideas to impress your guests this year, we have some truly unique...
Pretty much the easiest way to make chicken fajitas at home while optimizing on flavor and saving you time, dishes and energy!
Whether it's game day, or just a regular Wednesday night meatloaf dinner, this recipe is GOING to win the mouths you feed.
That delicious familiar buffalo sauce is often accompanied by something breaded and fried, like chicken wings, or a...
A different spin on a traditional chili, with a creamy buffalo ranch chicken version that will kick up your crock pot dinner a few...
Are you gearing up for the Super Bowl? To some, this is the biggest sports event of the year and what better way to celebrate than...
When it comes to patio weather, picnics and pool party season finger foods are an essential for these (not to mention all those...