A couple years ago I was discussing with a friend what to make for dinner, and he said he was having “french bread pizza”. Ok…well, what the heck is that exactly? When he explained to me that it’s simply a french bread halved, and used as the base for pizza…I was pretty blown away. Why was this ridiculously easy way to make a dinner, not part of my life?
So off to the grocery store I went, for a $2 loaf of bread. That night, the kids and I designed their own pizzas and baked them in the oven for a meal that was a HUGE HIT in less than 30 minutes.
Listen, we aren’t all world class chefs here. A lot of us are just amateurs trying to get a decent meal on the table. This is an impressive homemade pizza that serves up so well, customizable, and incredibly cheap.
Just wins after wins, folks. Pizza wins…even better.
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1/4 cup Garlic Butter, melted (can sub for regular butter, or omit completely)
- Pizza Sauce
- 2-3 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Pizza toppings (we used pepperoni and fresh oregano)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully cut your french bread loaf in half, length wise and place open faced.
- Brush the open face of the bread with melted garlic butter until lightly coated (not soaked). You can skip this step if you'd prefer, or substitute for plain butter/margarine.
- Next, spread pizza sauce with the back of a spoon to the edges of the bread.
- Top with cheese, and additional toppings (time to customize!).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown, or to your liking.
- Remove from oven, and cut into serving size slices. Enjoy!
Years back my Mom taught me the life hack of using store bought pre-made pizza dough for cinnamon rolls.
This recipe feeds the whole family with a comforting casserole that takes a spin into the world of pizza.
We all love pizza, but how much do we actually know about it? How long has pizza been around? How much pizza is eaten per second?
These baked crispy raviolis are like bite sized pasta casseroles you can serve at a party, or enjoy for dinner.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
It's right now, and in. your. very. kitchen.
This is where social media has changed the world of food. Suddenly, you start seeing these gorgeously presented gelatos, paddled...
The Half Hour Meals’ 2012 Culinary World Tour continues its journey, this time stopping off at Italy.
Everyone and their besties have an Instant Pot pressure cooker these days, and if you don't have one yet, you really need to get...
Kitchen gadgets are getting more and more impressive every year. The Instant Pot has been the most sought after kitchen appliance...
You can never go wrong with buttery flaky crescent rolls but did you know a tube of crescent roll dough can be so much more than...
If you grew up with a pressure cooker in your household, you may have mainly made rice and soup in it!
Many enjoy the season of summer because of the warm weather, longer days, fresh meals, and of course the trips to the beach.