A couple years ago I was discussing with a friend what to make for dinner, and he said he was having “french bread pizza”. Ok…well, what the heck is that exactly? When he explained to me that it’s simply a french bread halved, and used as the base for pizza…I was pretty blown away. Why was this ridiculously easy way to make a dinner, not part of my life?
So off to the grocery store I went, for a $2 loaf of bread. That night, the kids and I designed their own pizzas and baked them in the oven for a meal that was a HUGE HIT in less than 30 minutes.
Listen, we aren’t all world class chefs here. A lot of us are just amateurs trying to get a decent meal on the table. This is an impressive homemade pizza that serves up so well, customizable, and incredibly cheap.
Just wins after wins, folks. Pizza wins…even better.
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1/4 cup Garlic Butter, melted (can sub for regular butter, or omit completely)
- Pizza Sauce
- 2-3 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Pizza toppings (we used pepperoni and fresh oregano)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully cut your french bread loaf in half, length wise and place open faced.
- Brush the open face of the bread with melted garlic butter until lightly coated (not soaked). You can skip this step if you'd prefer, or substitute for plain butter/margarine.
- Next, spread pizza sauce with the back of a spoon to the edges of the bread.
- Top with cheese, and additional toppings (time to customize!).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown, or to your liking.
- Remove from oven, and cut into serving size slices. Enjoy!
These baked crispy raviolis are like bite sized pasta casseroles you can serve at a party, or enjoy for dinner.
Years back my Mom taught me the life hack of using store bought pre-made pizza dough for cinnamon rolls.
As a mother of 3, making dinners are often made with the intention of leftovers. Why? Well...lunches the next day!
Are you ready for Super Bowl Sunday? If you're looking for food ideas to impress your guests this year, we have some truly unique...
The Super Bowl 50 countdown is on! The game is set for February 7, 2016, at Levi's Stadium, in Santa Clara, California.
Football and chicken wings....ahhh sweet, sweet (and spicy) traditions.
Super Bowl is COMING. Maybe for you, it's just football, but a sports showdown of this proportion calls for more than frozen...
Whether it's game day, or just a regular Wednesday night meatloaf dinner, this recipe is GOING to win the mouths you feed.
With the big game all set for Sunday, the latest battle on the field calls for a serious party with momentous snacks on the table!
That delicious familiar buffalo sauce is often accompanied by something breaded and fried, like chicken wings, or a...
When it comes to an easy dinner, two words come to mind - CROCKPOT and LEFTOVERS (shame on you if you thought I was going to say...
A different spin on a traditional chili, with a creamy buffalo ranch chicken version that will kick up your crock pot dinner a few...