You definitely don’t have to be Italian to enjoy gnocchi. Those pillowy dough-balls melt in your mouth and are delicious no matter what kind of sauce you cover them with! But they also take a lot more work to make than the average person has time for. So we’ve created this easy vegetable-laden gnocchi dinner that dresses up store-bought pasta so you can serve up any (or every, we won’t judge!) night of the week!
Using oil and spices instead of a heavy sauce and served up with a hefty portion of baked vegetables, this dish is definitely on the healthier side of pasta. No need to feel guilty! Plus, you can easily make it gluten-free and/or vegan by checking the ingredient list on the store-bought gnocchi and omitting the parmesan cheese. That way everybody can dig in regardless of any dietary restrictions!
- 1 pound store-bought gnocchi (use vegan or gluten-free versions for dietary restrictions)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- Parmesan cheese, for serving (omit for vegan version)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place peppers, onion, tomatoes, broccoli, and gnocchi onto sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Add basil, garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Check for doneness and remove from oven.
- Top with parmesan cheese (optional) and serve hot!
Beyond Meat is spreading like wildfire. More and more fast-food chains are hopping on the plant-based bandwagon.
Jackfruit is going to be something you'll hear more and more about this year.
So either you or a someone at your holiday dinner is gluten-intolerant or celiac, and/or perhaps vegan or working towards a...
Be still my beating Italian heart... just kidding, I'm not Italian and you don't have to be either to enjoy this hearty...
You go to the market and see these big beautiful greens and decide to buy some, with eyes bigger than your refrigerator.
That delicious familiar buffalo sauce is often accompanied by something breaded and fried, like chicken wings, or a...
When the cold months hit, there's truly nothing more heart and soul warming than a bowl of fruit crumble.
We often think about ways to up the health factor of our pizza toppings, but recently, people are taking a long hard look at...
Chips and dip are such an easy go-to snack for entertaining or just preparing a quick and easy snack to munch on.
Not all jerky has to come from something that walks on four legs… vegetable jerky is an awesome idea for vegans and...
Tacos are one of my favorite foods because they’re so versatile that you’re never constrained to just one flavor.