Adopting a plant based lifestyle does not mean you sacrifice on flavor and big hearty meals. In fact, some of the alternatives to meat and dairy are so incredibly delicious, you’ll be shocked you waited so long to give it a try. This recipe brings a mild coconut milk to the forefront in this creamy curry stew. It’s not only nutritious, but delicious with additions like the super-grain quinoa, protein boosters like chickpeas, and vegetables full of antioxidants. Nearly everything in this recipe serves purpose as fuel in your body. It’s also ridiculously easy with no real cooking required, just let that slow cooker do all the work for you. Dump it all in, stir, and let dinner make itself.
- 3 cups chopped sweet potato (approx. one large, peeled)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup diced onion (white or yellow)
- 1 - 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 28oz can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 2 - 15oz cans coconut milk (full fat for a creamier texture, light for calorie wise)
- 1/4 cup quinoa (double up this portion if you prefer!)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (approx. 2 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Measuring Cups
- Slow Cooker/Crock Pot
- Pour all the ingredients into the slow cooker, and stir to mix.
- Set slow cooker on high, and let cook for 4 hours. Alternatively, you can set your slow cooker to LOW and let it cook for a longer time, approximately 6-8 hours. It will be ready to serve when the sweet potato is softened, and the curry sauce has thickened.
- Ladle into individual bowls, and serve hot.
When it comes to slow cookers, we tend to have a few fall back recipes that we use over and over, and it takes a powerful new...
Slow cookers, or crockpots, are a great time saving appliance. They work though electrical heating and cook over a number of...
It's that time of year...the leaves are (almost) gone, the air is crisp and I'm finding myself craving all things warm and...
Potlucks are a year-round thing. Family gatherings, office luncheons, community events and of course - the holiday season.
Looking for a warm breakfast that fills the house with the aroma, waking everyone with an appetite for a delicious homemade...
When it comes to an easy dinner, two words come to mind - CROCKPOT and LEFTOVERS (shame on you if you thought I was going to say...
When it comes to potlucks, there's one classic dish that always seems to make the table, and that's crockpot meatballs.
A healthy Cajun, dump-in-the-slow-cooker dinner is the exactly what you need to fit a whole hearty dinner into your already pretty...
Have you heard of the latest diet craze, the intermittent fasting diet?
Eating food is how we fuel our bodies with enough energy to get through our everyday tasks.
Grocery shopping can either be a task you want to avoid or peace and quiet "me" time you look forward to.
Turmeric is known for its vibrant canary yellow color and vibrant flavor that has been complimenting curry dishes for ages.