Adopting a plant based lifestyle does not mean you sacrifice on flavor and big hearty meals. In fact, some of the alternatives to meat and dairy are so incredibly delicious, you’ll be shocked you waited so long to give it a try. This recipe brings a mild coconut milk to the forefront in this creamy curry stew. It’s not only nutritious, but delicious with additions like the super-grain quinoa, protein boosters like chickpeas, and vegetables full of antioxidants. Nearly everything in this recipe serves purpose as fuel in your body. It’s also ridiculously easy with no real cooking required, just let that slow cooker do all the work for you. Dump it all in, stir, and let dinner make itself.
- 3 cups chopped sweet potato (approx. one large, peeled)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup diced onion (white or yellow)
- 1 - 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 28oz can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 2 - 15oz cans coconut milk (full fat for a creamier texture, light for calorie wise)
- 1/4 cup quinoa (double up this portion if you prefer!)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (approx. 2 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Measuring Cups
- Slow Cooker/Crock Pot
- Pour all the ingredients into the slow cooker, and stir to mix.
- Set slow cooker on high, and let cook for 4 hours. Alternatively, you can set your slow cooker to LOW and let it cook for a longer time, approximately 6-8 hours. It will be ready to serve when the sweet potato is softened, and the curry sauce has thickened.
- Ladle into individual bowls, and serve hot.
There are copious amounts of recipes for the Instant Pot that are swimming around the internet these days.
Some would consider quinoa a superfood, and for good reason! It's chock full of vitamins and minerals and is an excellent source...
Enjoy the fresh flavors of Mediterranean cooking that will have you dreaming of lounging next to the sea without having to fly...
It seems like everybody is sick this Spring. People are dropping like flies!
Summer is one of the most sought-after seasons of the year. If you experience cold winter months then you surely appreciate those...
When the snack cravings hit we all know how easy it is to reach for the most accessible thing in sight.
Have you ever gotten stuck falling, or diving head-first, down a rabbit hole of amazingly satisfying food videos on Facebook or...
Fish is full of healthy fats, making it the perfect well-rounded dinner.
Poached eggs are a delicious addition to your breakfast and a great way to add protein without all the extra oil of a fried egg.
While I love root veggies, they can take a long time to cook. Plus, my oven lets off a lot of heat, making me hesitant to use it...
Corn on the Cob is almost in season in our area, but it's already available in grocery stores and is the perfect summer side dish!
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day. It can also be the most delicious meal of the day!