Looking for a warm breakfast that fills the house with the aroma, waking everyone with an appetite for a delicious homemade breakfast? Your mind may wander to thoughts of french toast, and cinnamon rolls hot and fresh in the morning. With this recipe – you can enjoy both in one.
This can be especially heart-warming during the coldest winter months. Something delightful to wake up to, and easy to serve to a small crowd.
The other piece of good news is, with this casserole (that we’ve coined the “Cinnamon Casse-roll”) you simply dump everything into your slow cooker, and let it cook on low for a couple hours. That’s it, that’s all.
It’s not only a perfect breakfast option, it can also be a great dessert, or treat alongside an afternoon tea.
We love this recipe because it’s all the easy, with all the flavor. It slices perfectly out of the crock pot dish, too.
Give this one a try, and you’ll be on a casse-roll…
- 2 x 12oz cans cinnamon roll dough (we used Pillsbury original) + icing
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Spray down the entire inside of your Crock Pot / slow cooker with a non-stick cooking spray, or rub with oil/butter.
- Open your 2 cans of cinnamon roll dough, reserving the icing to the side. Cut up the cinnamon roll dough into quarters and toss each piece into the crock pot, creating even layers of the dough pieces.
- In a separate bowl, whisk your 4 eggs, then add your heavy whipping cream, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon mixing well. Pour entire mixture over the cinnamon roll dough.
- Next, quickly microwave one of the packets of icing found in the cinnamon roll can, just enough to make it pourable, then pour over entire dish.
- Place lid on your Crock Pot, and set to LOW for 2-2.5 hours (depending on your own slow cooker, some are faster than others). If at the end of the cooking time, it's not completely golden brown and cooked through, set it to HIGH for 30 minutes to finish the cooking process.
- Slice, and serve! Top with the 2nd portion of icing or just icing sugar, or whatever you please.
Potlucks are a year-round thing. Family gatherings, office luncheons, community events and of course - the holiday season.
Slow cookers, or crockpots, are a great time saving appliance. They work though electrical heating and cook over a number of...
It's that time of year...the leaves are (almost) gone, the air is crisp and I'm finding myself craving all things warm and...
Adopting a plant based lifestyle does not mean you sacrifice on flavor and big hearty meals.
A healthy Cajun, dump-in-the-slow-cooker dinner is the exactly what you need to fit a whole hearty dinner into your already pretty...
Like the newly popular kitchen gadget, the Instant Pot, the slow cooker still makes the top favorite kitchen gadgets to have.
When it comes to potlucks, there's one classic dish that always seems to make the table, and that's crockpot meatballs.
When it comes to slow cookers, we tend to have a few fall back recipes that we use over and over, and it takes a powerful new...
When it comes to an easy dinner, two words come to mind - CROCKPOT and LEFTOVERS (shame on you if you thought I was going to say...
Christmas has this tendency to sneak up on us each year. It approaches at a fast rate and before we know it the big day has...
Decorating the tree always gets me into the mood for the holidays. As soon as the tree is up I'm in full force Christmas mode.
The holidays are my favorite time of year. Mostly because of the twinkly lights, the sparkly ornaments on a dazzling tree and of...