Chocolate barks are my absolute favorite go-to for large batch treats you can store for weeks and hand out as needed to neighbors, coworkers, friends and family during the holidays. Since it doesn’t require any baking (just a microwave for melting!) it’s the perfect recipe. Using peanut m&ms (which just happen to look like light bulbs in shape) and halved Mike & Ike’s candies, you can string up a set of candy lights on chocolate that will light up your treat giving ways.
- 4 cups White Chocolate Wafers
- 1 cup Green Colored White Chocolate Wafers
- 1 cup Peanut M&Ms
- 1/2 cup Mike & Ike's, dark green
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Parchment Lined Cookie Sheet
- Sharp Knife
- Piping Bag
- Start by melting your white chocolate in the microwave on HIGH in 30 second intervals, stirring between each until completely melted.
- Pour the white melted chocolate onto your parchment lined cookie sheet and spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Let sit until set, or cool in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- While it cools, melt your green colored white chocolate and put in a piping bag, snipping the tip small for a string like design.
- Chop your green Mike & Ikes in half.
- Once your white chocolate is set, pipe your string design across the top of the bark surface.
- Combining an M&M with a halved Mike & Ike, using more green chocolate to "glue" onto your string in a pattern of lights across the bark.
- Chill and set for another 5 minutes, then chop up and serve!
Christmas will be here before you know it, so it's time to pull out your decorations and start baking!
Eggnog can be a hot topic over the holidays. Some tend to think it's a disgusting concoction, while the rest of us are swooned by...
We've all been there. You need to bring a dessert to a Holiday function and you're lacking time, or general baking skills.
So either you or a someone at your holiday dinner is gluten-intolerant or celiac, and/or perhaps vegan or working towards a...
There's something...well...magical...yes, Christmas magical about a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
It's winding down, Christmas is nearly here. When it comes to the difficult to shop for, there's always a need for kitchen gadgets...
Between Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years - it's Holiday season, full force.
With the holidays comes seasonal flavors that will capture the essence of the season, and create warm holiday memories.
They like pig butts and they cannot lie! Now you need to get shopping for your bacon enthusiast and try and be a little more...
I'm not sure how your family does the holiday feasts, but in our home - stuffing was king.
When it comes to making mashed potatoes, one word may enter your mind..."tedious".
The holidays are known to be the hardest season of the year in terms of the age-old battle of the bulge.