Chocolate barks are my absolute favorite go-to for large batch treats you can store for weeks and hand out as needed to neighbors, coworkers, friends and family during the holidays. Since it doesn’t require any baking (just a microwave for melting!) it’s the perfect recipe. Using peanut m&ms (which just happen to look like light bulbs in shape) and halved Mike & Ike’s candies, you can string up a set of candy lights on chocolate that will light up your treat giving ways.
- 4 cups White Chocolate Wafers
- 1 cup Green Colored White Chocolate Wafers
- 1 cup Peanut M&Ms
- 1/2 cup Mike & Ike's, dark green
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Parchment Lined Cookie Sheet
- Sharp Knife
- Piping Bag
- Start by melting your white chocolate in the microwave on HIGH in 30 second intervals, stirring between each until completely melted.
- Pour the white melted chocolate onto your parchment lined cookie sheet and spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Let sit until set, or cool in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- While it cools, melt your green colored white chocolate and put in a piping bag, snipping the tip small for a string like design.
- Chop your green Mike & Ikes in half.
- Once your white chocolate is set, pipe your string design across the top of the bark surface.
- Combining an M&M with a halved Mike & Ike, using more green chocolate to "glue" onto your string in a pattern of lights across the bark.
- Chill and set for another 5 minutes, then chop up and serve!
During the winter holidays, kitchens come alive with the sounds and smells of delicious baking.
Potlucks are a year-round thing. Family gatherings, office luncheons, community events and of course - the holiday season.
The centerpiece for your Christmas dinner is a great turkey or ham, but the side dishes are just as important.
A Christmas cake is the centerpiece of your holiday meal. After you're stuffed with turkey and all the fixings, the only thing...
I have to say, the holidays are my favorite time of year. There's something so exciting about all the twinkle lights, decorations...
Christmas is coming and with it comes family get-togethers and parties.
Decorating the tree always gets me into the mood for the holidays. As soon as the tree is up I'm in full force Christmas mode.
The holidays are my favorite time of year. Mostly because of the twinkly lights, the sparkly ornaments on a dazzling tree and of...
Call me eager but as soon as Halloween is over I'm ready for Christmas!
So you've volunteered to host Christmas dinner this year. The initial voluntary statement may have sounded exciting but if you...
When the holidays roll around the first order of business is setting up the Christmas tree and decorations.
The holidays are the busiest time of year! There are countless Christmas parties, dinners, family gatherings, and potlucks.